The HiFi chat, build and modification thread!

tintin41":110pwuuz said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50W-KEF-Cabinet-with-unknown-Stereo-Speakers-Heathrow/263307847481?hash=item3d4e5ee739:g:YFoAAOSwR21Z2zT7

classic Brit

different drivers

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Slightly out of the blue question ..... My lad is starting to put together a system for his vinyl collection, he currently has an all in one set up.

For a turntable Is the Rega Planar 2 ok at the price point. Amp is an Edwards IA1, speakers are some old Leek 300 (I think). Thanks.

The Leak drivers are hand made and can be a bit heavy - the voice coil can end up dragging on the magnets

The solution? undo the driver and twist it round 180 degrees and screw it back in again

They also very efficient and dont need a lot to drive them but can sound amazing on huge amplification. They have been overlooked for years but are just starting to be noticed again.

The Edwards amp doesnt do much for me though!

A Rega is a Rega is a Rega, just make sure it has a genuine belt as cheapies can slip.

So I guess I am not making a massive mistake with the Regards for his Xmas prezzie (it's what he has asked for). Slow and steady wins the race lol

Back