Yorkshire weekender 2 and beer festival 17,18,19th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I'll be there Fri night too , hopefully 8ish .
Re the hills I'd go up the A64 (think you can ride alongside it ) and then cut north somewhere after Malton , that's the flattest way I can think of.

LongboardSi":35vhltla said:
I'm riding up from Leeds on Friday evening - probably get there about 8ish, depending what time I get out of work.

How's the route in terms of hills? (Single-speeding it, so wanting to know whether to gear for hills to accept I'll be walking up them anyway...

Si F

Si do you want me to bring a sleeping mat for you?

And if you mean the ride route its Sat, route and distance are hangover size dependant, Sun... if your man enough :LOL:

Kaya - Yes please.

Was thinking route and Hills for Saturday - getting there looks like A64 to York then some back roads up past Malton way. I'm accepting a few hills on the way, especially in the last few miles, but that looks preferable to the speed/width of the A64 north of York (decent looking cycle lane for the first bit).

Sunday? I'll be riding back to Leeds - does that sound unwise?

Re:

Sounds dedicated , sat route has a couple of shortish uphill slogs but on tarmac , most of the fun stiff is slight incline or slight descent with a bit of slightly steepy fast descent

Re:

Its looking like I will be riding on the Saturday only, due to not drinking.

Cant really go to beer festival and not drink alcohol :facepalm:

Well I could, but the amount of grief I would get having to justify not wanting to poison myself, is not worth the hassle :facepalm:

Re:

Didn't realise there was a ride on Sunday Stu, who's organising it ? I'll pass though due to being poisoned on Sat night .

Re: Re:

Matthews":ndm9qjwz said:
Didn't realise there was a ride on Sunday Stu, who's organising it ? I'll pass though due to being poisoned on Sat night .

Think it was me who mentioned a ride on Sunday, I presumed there'd be a ride if there was any takers :LOL:

Re:

You ok for getting all your gear up there Longboard ? Got space if you need anything taking up from Leeds .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back