Hans Rey UK speaking tour in November!

Now that one definitely is a Zaskar ;)

An excellent evening with a sell out audience of 350, mostly 40-something blokes, natch :D

-A quick run through his early years working up to German National Trials Champ at 17, followed by his appearance on the German 'You Bet' with 40 million viewers.
-Over to the US to take advantage of the growing trials scene, taking a year out from Uni that ended up with 37 years as a sponsored professional bike rider.
-After several media appearances and adverts, Swatch sponsorship and some questionable mullets, moved over to the burgeoning MTB scene and GT sponsorship.
-Used his media and promotional experience to produce several 'extreme' and instructional (VHS) videos...maybe the start of both freeriding and celebrity riders?
-A few years of successful racing, ending with several bad crashes. The GT Zaskar takes gold in all 4 world cup disciplines: Downhill, trials, slalom and XC.
-Hans moves on to adventure videos (DVD) for his sponsors: India, Philippines, Argentina, Jordan, Peru, Nepal, Botswana, Ireland, Kenya and Iceland recently with Steve Peat...special guest appearance.
-Work developing trail centres and helping move to flow tracks at ski resorts, particularly the Livigno Tutti Frutti and look at the economic effect of MTB tourism in Blue Derby (Tasmania).
-Experience of developing countries and his love for bikes led to the setting up pf the Wheels4life charity with his wife, Carmen. This not-for-profit donates locally-sourced bikes to help in education, business and health development. Excellent cause.
-Then a detailed section on his recent bike mountaineering adventure to Mt. Kenya and Kilimanjaro, to feature in an upcoming video (Netflicks). Really is the bike equivalent of hardcore ski mountaineering...an interesting contrast to the trail centre side.
-Lastly bunny hops off the stage and into the foyer to sign posters and books. :shock:

All the best,

Attachments

• IMAG3153.jpg
    IMAG3153.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 579
  • IMAG3162a.jpg
    IMAG3162a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 579
Re:

Were you taking notes?! Excellent synopsis, my only criticism would be that it was a backhop off the stage... ;)

Re:

I'm in Newtown on Saturday.

Ironically I'm from Andover and the theatre he's at is in my old 6th form college. Even more amusingly we once used the theatre for a private showing of Tread on the big screen projector they had at the time.