Bridgestone Reena 1973

Flashspix

Dirt Disciple
Hi Team

Researching this Characterful Japanese bike, I have managed to work out it is a 1973 Bridgestone Reena.

Been looking on Google images and have only turned over 1 or 2 images of the bike I have, even then the detailing on the lugs don't match, quite detailled on my version, very simple on the one or 2 examples I have found, does anyone else have any experience of these bikes.

There is a reflectice serial number i have preserved on the seat post and a stamped serial number on the Head post. Drum brake on the rear wheel.

It appeared to be sold as plain Matt Black back when it was new, Jazzed it up mainly to highlight the lug work and give myself some practice on applying pearlescent spray paint,
Fairly happy with the end result, (secretly ecstatic) my guess is that this would suit a 10 - 15 year old.

There are more images on the detaillling you can browse to by clicking one of the links below. If u have had one of these would love to see it posted as a reply here.

p2596387171-5.jpg

p2596388437-5.jpg

Looks rad! How did the pearlescent paint work out?

I'll make sure to shout if I see you out cruising round Pompey on this :D

Re:

Thanks Banashapan

I mixed a solution from a company called Custom paints with gloss and thinner,
applied 2 or 3 light coats then a final couple of coats of clear.

It wasn't plain sailing, I had the dreaded orange peel occur at one point.
I was fortunate it only occurred on one section, only affected the gloss so was able to wet and dry it out before re-applying.

Still on finishing touches, managed to keep the original kick stand and rear parcel shelf,they were very rusty and pitted but with some heavy dury assistance- File, Wet and Dry and loads of water, have managed to rid most of the big spots and blemishes.

Id prob look a bit daft cycling around on this, but hope u see it around when it is finished ;)
p2618192290-5.jpg

The image above was taken part way through trying to make the original accessories presentable.
I persevered and was really pleased to finally be adding the finishing touches to this cute and individual styled bike. Here's how she looks now replete with new basket and original parcel shelf and kick stand
p2623604911-4.jpg

p2623605426-4.jpg

p2623606062-4.jpg

Back