Paypal is Sh1t

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Paypal just removed £65 from my account.

I sold an item 2 months ago on ebay which the buyer has now told their card issuer they did not buy.

The card issuer has contacted paypal and the payment has been reversed- money coming straight out of my account!

Because I havent kept the proof of postage (from 2 months ago!) I have no chance of getting my money back!!!!!

What a bag of shit paypal is- I am going to avoid using it from now on. Though ebay make that nearly impossible.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

oh yeah forgot to mention...

buyer is no longer a member of ebay.

I have buyers email and I have sent them an email. I am not expecting a response.

Thats crap ... Surley paypal is like a bank account...they cant just help themselves to your money??

thats why i have never used it myself, always cheques or cash on collection.

paypal are a holding company that has access to your details and apparently as a holding company don't have to conform to the banking code.

my ex boss got kippered by them in a very similar way and it has since massively put me off it. because he ignored the emails, they sent in a bailiff over 60 quid! who for a bailiff was a decent bloke and said "look mate, they'll just carry on until they really kipper you, so your better paying 60 quid or they will take you to court over it", he then recommended from his experience that we didn't use them and gave various reasons why.

it's the lack of comeback with paypal that scares me and not really being able to talk to anyone and also not really knowing who your money is going to, let alone the fees they charge.

i had exactly the same problem,the buyer waited until 6 hours before the claim deadline and immediately esculated it to a claim beore i could do anything.obviously after 2 months + i had presumed they got the item and binned the reciept so i had no comeback at all,i always send stuff more than £20 recorder now...

The thing is the buyer has claimed through his credit card company not paypal or ebay...

The claim is worded as though he did not autorise payment for item rather than did not actually recieve the item. (I have asked for confirmation as to which it is)

Either way its madness!

If he hasnt received the item why hasnt he gone through the normal ebay procedures?

If he hasnt authorised payment how come I have an ebay page and a paypal receipt that says he has???

Paypal say they cant help without proof of postage and my only hope is that his credit card company who are doing their own investigation find in my favour. (fat chance!)

I have buyers name and address...

Possibly a hacker or someone who obtained his CC details for fraud?
Someone once hacked into my EBAY account and was trying to flog 4 £1500 laptops! luckily they were spotted before anyone bought them and we had them removed, changed all passwords etc. (my account was suspended for 2 weeks until it was all sorted).

Back