Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

velomaniac":1u9vu4af said:
Brian classes a 'proper' bike as something like an old sit up and beg roadster bike with hub gears....

A proper bike doesn't have one of those dangly spoke manglers....

Re:

I said it was your definition Brian, I did not say that was a bad definition and I did not point out the flaws in your 'proper' bikes design of which there are a few so be a gent and stop badmouthing the opposition ;)

Re:

Had a wee daunder up Benarty this afternoon in the sunshine.

hfwNjDbl.jpg

'Twas sunny

v0X8ssNl.jpg

Bishop and East Lomond from the Trig Point

8X2guWql.jpg

Some of the downed trees in the woods at the Ballingry end of Benarty, some broken off by wind others simply uprooted.
This is what happens when the FC cut down the trees on outside of a forest exposing the trees that had been sheltered from the wind and don't have large roots to withstand the wind or thicker trunks for their height.

LLUOvfCl.jpg

Pic from just to the left of where the pic above it was taken, more uprooted trees, trail is or was in trees in the background.

There's so many down across trail it would be a major chainsaw job to just start on it with no guarantee more trees will be blown down this winter. Where I stood on the wall to take pics of trees is where we'll have to make new trail, need to clear loads of the crap the foresters left after felling trees.

And there's been some effwit up there with a trail bike, had ridden from woods along top to Trig Point then from there down the path towards where we ride up.

Re:

Been for a short ride down by the river Don. Actually felt pretty good, I managed to avoid the rain, and the bike worked well having recently changed it to Sram Rival 1x11.
I did have one or two minor issues though, the seat coming loose hence the position in the pic, and there's practically zero clearance between the front brake caliper and the wheel spokes, so under braking or when pulling on the bars I hear a faint click-click of spokes touching caliper (must be the forks twisting ever so slightly). More annoying than anything.
Think I'll have a play with the caliper position, or may be space the disc rotor out a
mm or two? Hmmm....

Attachments

• 20171029_151737-800x486.jpg
    20171029_151737-800x486.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 434
Re:

Nice one Clubby, I'm sure even you could outrun the tide on your fatbike :LOL:

Will have to get out for another ride around there sometime soon.

Re:

No more projects this year I said....

:facepalm:

Just... :facepalm:

:LOL:

Attachments

• 20171106_115225-600x1067.jpg
    20171106_115225-600x1067.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 345
Re:

That's what happens when you've too much time on your hands and can't ride properly.
You are the new Robmac.

Back