• 14th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15th

• Don't mind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was maybe gonna suggest a trail centre as they're a bit more weather friendly. Gazz I think I know that guy? Will look at the vid a bit better when I get home, looks good though, maybe wangle a pass.

For purely selfish reasons and the fact I've slogged over to Glasgow twice now, I'd suggest Glentress as its in the top ten trail centres world wide.

Also we all know the cafe is very good as are the facilities.

The new blue route climb is also open which avoids sharing the climb with cars.

I'm a wee bit reluctant to go to Carron valley in November as there is bogall there apart from the mtb trail.

Those would be my winter trail centre options :D

Cheers

I'm up for something about then, but glentress/innerleithen is a real hike, I'm more likely to make a closer event. Pentlands sound great as long as the weather has been booked :)

Pentlands is proper old school and Carlops has got a pub thats used to folk coming off the hills bikers included.

Penicuik is near by also with cafes and shops, same with Balerno on the North side. Also whats a bit of mud anyway, Pollock is a mud bath and its in the centre of a city !

My first choice is Pentlands, second choice is a Trail centre like Glentress.

Come on kaiser you can ride the wild side :D

I was thinking the edinburgh side of the pentlands starting near the resevoirs and ending with the long downhill to the golf club, it was my weekly run :) then back down to the canny mans for a pint :)

TBH pentlands or glentress are six and half a dozen for us west coasters, so venue could be decided closer to the time with an idea of the weather. Again depends on who shows, but I don't mind travelling a bit.

So if we say an east coast venue on the 15th or 16th and get some numbers?

Just seen Kaisers new Stumpjumper pics, I'm most impressed and one pic has just become my new screen saver.

The veiw of Arran in the background prompts me to suggest that in the warmer months of next year we should organise a trip over there. Their local mtb club has developed three circuits graded blue, red, black respectively. I'm sure if we asked nicely one of their number would guide us around. The beer and whiskey are also good as they have both a brewery and a distillery.

Fabulous biking scenery in all senses of the word.

Cheers

velomaniac":2a2clrin said:
Just seen Kaisers new Stumpjumper pics, I'm most impressed and one pic has just become my new screen saver.

The veiw of Arran in the background prompts me to suggest that in the warmer months of next year we should organise a trip over there. Their local mtb club has developed three circuits graded blue, red, black respectively. I'm sure if we asked nicely one of their number would guide us around. The beer and whiskey are also good as they have both a brewery and a distillery.

Fabulous biking scenery in all senses of the word.

Cheers

I have also thought this would be a great idea :D should be able to organise something pretty easy.

Count me in for a trip to arran, did a wee bit of offroad stuff over there BITD and I remember the trails were very good albeit also very damp :roll:

Back