Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Just got a 1990 TuffTrax frame and forks (photos will follow at some time). I plan to build it as I had my first ever mtb, so will take some time to gather all the right parts.

One thing I didn't want to replicate was a new back brake outer, cable tied along the top tube. Any tips for removing the original outer cable from the internal routing. I never managed it back in the day

Cheers Chris

Re:

Hi Chris - it's very easy to remove and replace. Is there one stuck in the frame at the moment? If so most likely it's rust and all it needs is Plus Gas and patience. Add a little each day and try to move the housing in and out. When it moves freely at both ends you're good to just pull it out.

Once out I use a small bottle brush to clean out the crap. Replacement is easy. Put a little grease on the leading end of the housing and just push it through. There is an internal guide.

Get some pictures up! Is it blue or pink? I have the latter single speed - some inspiration:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=347312&hilit=Tufftrax

https://flic.kr/p/GqNcVZ

Glad to see there are lots of us :)
I've just started building a 93 kili xtr elite. Its a lovely frame and very well built.
Going to do it justice with m900 xtr, cooks cranks etc. and I can't wait to finish and get out on the trails.

Nice pair of Tufftrax's Henne and Brockers!

1989 was definitely Saracen's best year for me with their graphics,colour's and getting Shimano hyperglide :cool: :cool:

Back