Show us your Orange X1's

Good question. Well I have only ever seen them mounted with the wider part if the shock facing the front of the bike, but there are a variety of different options shown in these photos aren't there? Does it matter?

depends which shock you use. I had the shock with remote lockout which required it to be mounted fat end forward so you could attach a cable to the right bit. Otherwise I don't think it matters unless there are any clearance issues.

I think the X1 was originally advertised for XC and DH. I haven't got time just now to find a link, but I know there's an Orange catalogue/brochure on this site that I think states this.

I seem to remember the X1 had a steel frame?

Does anybody remember the one Jo Burt built with drop handlebars and three gears that was in Mountain Bike World (R.I.P.) ?

warpedboy2":rl6yb4x6 said:
I seem to remember the X1 had a steel frame?

correct (Orange Series :cool:, the X2 was aluminium. The prototype X1 (seen in one of the catalogues mentioned before BTW) had square profile tubes that went 'round' the shock. The released version had normal round tubing.

The X1 had 3 shock options originally, one coil and 2 air, the more expensive of the air had remote lock out.

This is my X1, it comes with a mix of LX and STX components and the strata shock and lots of yellow!

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,280
Back