Manitou 4 disc - hope?

Re:

Don't have any info I'm afraid but I thought I'd post the images as it might help with a response.

IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

IMG_6819.jpg

Why thank you sir; since Photobucket stopped allowed 3rd sharing I've struggled. Couldn't figure it out off my phone!

I'm pretty sure it's for earlier hope calliper that mounts on the axle as well. I've never seen a Manitou with this setup though only a couple of variants of the Sachs mount on 4s and Efcs

Yes, the disc versions of the Manitou 3 / 4 and EFC's came with a machined left drop-out to fit a Sachs caliper.
And for Mountain Cycle, Manitou did also make some EFC forks with a drop-out to fit a Pro-Stop brake.

The Hope mount's that I have seen so fare were only on Rock shox forks. But it is only a matter of getting
the mount made up in the right diameter or by using the right size sleeve (spacer)

Fork is in a very nice shape by the way!

Re:

Hi,

I just noticed that there is no canti mounts on the forks.
Looks like the have been machined off! as original disc forks have shorter pieces there and "disc" is stated on the legs:

And this would be the EFC with the Mountain Cycle mount:

and also an example of the Hope (however on a Rock Shox Judy):

I hope that helps a bit

Cheers
Jeroen

That thought had crossed my mind... I hadn't found any decent enough pics of a Disc fork to see the shorter pieces but that makes sense now. It's a very good job if they have been machined off. I'm looking at making a mount that doesn't rely on an early hope hub, but to be honest I might just throw them on ebay.
The mount on them is only one bolt, if I had another mount on there it'd be easy to mount any caliper on the front of the leg. Hmmm.
Thanks again for sharing the pics.

Re:

Found this somewhere! Seems like Mountain Cycle also did change over some Manitou 4 forks to fit their brakes.

And I found this to fit on my EFC. Maybe I will actually use this fork now on an upcoming build

Back