Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":2puczjtq said:
130mm forks, 200 & 180mm discs :facepalm:

'KOFF

Ever since I had a MK1 Golf GTI then a Scirocco GTX I've liked to have way more feckin' brakes than I need. The brakes on them were shite. Basically it was "Oh fack, I'm gonnae die". :shock:
With the Scirocco I cured it with the bigger discs and calipers off the front of a 16v GTI MK2 and the rear discs/calipers off the MK2 GTI to replace the piss poor drums. It stopped braw then. :mrgreen:

Re:

Jesus, even I don't run a 200mm front disk!
Pretty sure Keith has to though, make of that what you will ;)

Nice scavenging OCP, some pretty creative solutions there. Bound to feel weird after being off full sus for a few years. Will take a few rides to adjust, I know it does when I've not ridden a particular bike in a while.

Re:

Just remembered another reason I have bigger discs on bike, is that the brakes I had are Hope Mono M4s with a number 8 caliper on front and a 3 at the back with the 8 needing the 200mm disc on front. The F800 has 180/160mm discs with Hope original M4s, both number 3 calipers.
I could have switched around the 8 and 3 calipers for 180mm discs both ends but didnae have 2 180mm discs available.

Re:

Nice looking bike that, you'll do anything to catch my time on the Ben the trig trail lol.

Def 200mm brakes upfront, still remember the first proper ride on my intense coming down the bishop with the old 180 up front and having to take the kissing pass gate exit to avoid going feckin through the shut farm gate cos I wis carrying too much speed with not enough brakes lol.

The front end on the Marin does look quite slack, might be worth trying a shorter stem to tighten up the steering a bit. To be Honest the head angle looks not far away from the intense and I'm running a 35mm stem!

Re:

No long back in from The Meedies trails, bike feeling much better since I removed some of the pre-load on fork to dial in more sag.
I'll put it back to how it was before I rode it yesterday for next time I ride. It had felt awfy compliant/squidgy/saft so I'd dialed in more pre-load without having ridden it. :facepalm:

Some feckwit thought it was a good idea to roll several 1 foot sized boulders onto MTB trails, some right in middle. Original purpose for boulders was to mark the start and ends, edges of single-track MTB trails from where they cross footpaths. Most had been moved before I rode the trails the first time but one had been put right in middle on my return trip that wasn't there the first time. Utter arsehole.

Re:

Everybody seems to be finding some nice old machines this last week.
Might have to have a look about myself.
Weather has been a bit wild but managed a few hours out on the Mercian yesterday afternoon. Fitted the guards for winter so thought I better test them out as they are a bit too wide but managed to squeeze them on. They stayed put fine but close clearance so will take them off when going off road.
A quick ride this afternoon on the Big Dummy with Caleb on his bike. Managed a short ride before the rain and storm made us head for home. Knew it was coming but thought we would get a last ride for the weekend before the really bad weather grounds us for the next few days.
No pics, we did take plenty but my computer died earlier in the week, dead, hard drive, shame,but will get it sorted sometime soon hopefully. Am doing this off my Kindle, so limited with what I can do.
Jamie

Back