Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

clubby":3ppduv5t said:
Don't know quite what you two are thinking about, but the hill's called the Bishop.

And Keith gave it a bashing every time he fell aff. :mrgreen:

'Twas a good day out, and my right leg is a bit sair since it took most of the pedalling after my left leg no longer had any connection to bike with the demise of the pedal spring. :facepalm:

Nice pics mate, aye really enjoyed that today. Feeling the legs even after just the one hill . Proper days out up there.

My right tit is very tender after landing on my bar end, so ane squash the morra but hopefully get out wi shona for a bit.

Next time we will do the other lomonds but I do enjoy that bishop loop.

Re:

Took my newly finished '99 Marin Wolf Ridge for a ride up Benarty to see if anything would fall off. It's all still there.

It made it OK.
IOkVEvJl.jpg

Looking towards Bishop where we were last Sunday.
fOAD7RWl.jpg

A good bit heavier than the Cannondale F800 and the steering feels weird compared to it due I assume to the different geometry.
My wife's Wild Cat Trail felt sort of the same as far as I remember.

Re:

looks good, always fancied getting a Mount Vision Pro BITD. Is the fork original to the bike? perhaps it's longer travel than the frame was designed for which could explain the weird feeling steering?

Re:

Thanks.
No the fork isn't the original, it's a Marzocchi Z1 Wedge 130mm. A bit longer than original. The rear swing-arm isn't the original either, it's off my wife's Wild Cat Trail. I changed them over due to the fact Marin had their odd caliper mount on the swing-arm for the Wild Cat Trail that requires their extremely scarce caliper adaptor for the equaly scarce Hope caliper. It was easier when I was building her Marin to use the swing-arm with I.S. mount off the Wolf Ridge. Making an adaptor to use Hope M4s brakes on Wolf Ridge was easier because I was using 200mm front and 180mm rear discs on it. More space to fit caliper compared to the 160mm disc on her Marin.

I went for the 130mm fork as the Wild Cat Trail swing-arm was longer than the original so was expecting there to be more travel on rear than it had originally to match up with the front. Think I've not got enough sag on fork so that would change how it feels a bit. When I said it felt weird maybe I was overstating it a bit, it's just different to what I've been used to. Not ridden a full-susser since I built the F800 with a 100mm Lefty, an upgrade from the 80mm Headshok it had. My other Cannondale MTB is a Super V 1000SL with a 100mm Lefty, again original 80mm Headshok, with a Jekyll swingarm. It's over a year since I've ridden it as I nicked bits off it for other bikes. It looks rather forlorn now. :cry:

Back