Specialized Allez comp frame 2003? 52cm

Re:

Poss interest in both, just waiting for a payment coming in, assume the wheels us a standard J bend spoke of correct length, but Reversed? Is headset internal style? Also seat clamps still available ok?

The wheels use some proprietary spoke I think, however you can use regular j-bend spokes with some bodging (there are a couple in there). The headset looks to be a zero-stack integrated headset.
Not 100% sure about the availability of the seat clamp, last I heard following an email from Spesh a year or so ago it was still available for a Spesh dealer to order from their service dept. The part no. is: W2080186.

sam264":2o7qh8m2 said:
The wheels use some proprietary spoke I think, however you can use regular j-bend spokes with some bodging (there are a couple in there). The headset looks to be a zero-stack integrated headset.
Not 100% sure about the availability of the seat clamp, last I heard following an email from Spesh a year or so ago it was still available for a Spesh dealer to order from their service dept. The part no. is: W2080186.
I’ll check availability from Evans as they’re main dealers, then get back to you?

Sure thing. Sorry to not be more useful!

For reference, the clamp is an aero-shape expanding wedge type clamp for a round post.

sam264":3v9wvh22 said:
Sure thing. Sorry to not be more useful!

For reference, the clamp is an aero-shape expanding wedge type clamp for a round post.

Yes I had the E5 S Works version of this frame, so familiar with it, they still do this frame, now called the Allez “Sprint” with the same tear drop seat tube,
Evans are finding out and getting back to me, clamp probably costs more than the frame!

Apparently RRP is £10, according to the spesh advisor I spoke to a while back :) If they have it, it should be cheap.

Re:

I rang Evans today and they said they would speak to Specialized UK and call me back, they haven’t rang me back yet, so will chase on the morning!

Re:

Been in touch with Specialized UK today, who came back to me later, to say they don’t have any of the seat clamp wedges in stock and are no longer in production, Spesh USA the same, they emailed them, also no UK dealers with stock remaining. So unless a US dealer had one, the frame can’t be used sadly! Unless a scrap frame can be found? What happened to the original wedge?
They also said they don’t keep spares on pre 2008 bikes and won’t be making anymore :(

Back