Pinarello Montello SLX **now painted**

Re: Pinarello Montello SLX

Yeah maybe - however, as the paint inside the tubes is the only paint I can see, so it’s either the original colours or someone stripped the inside of all the tubes too whilst repainting it. Who knows?

Re:

I probably won’t now Rick tbh - all the joy has been sucked out of this thread

I also had a Montello .... I'd say this one is not a Montello but a Treviso with the Alexi Grewal Olympic colors. Original, but not a Montello spumoni ;)

Have you checked if it's a Montello by looking if there is the junction between the 2 chainstays close to the BB ?

Beatfiful frame indeed.

jordic1968":2g1wxw04 said:
I also had a Montello .... I'd say this one is not a Montello but a Treviso with the Alexi Grewal Olympic colors. Original, but not a Montello spumoni ;)

Have you checked if it's a Montello by looking if there is the junction between the 2 chainstays close to the BB ?

Beatfiful frame indeed.

Hi
There isn’t a chain stay bridge and the tubing has the SLX rifling for sure. It’s a later one though with 130mm spacing and 2 sets of bottle cage bosses

Thanks
John

Re:

Hopefully the frame will be back from the painter next week.
I'm definitely going to use my Record Titanium 9 speed groupset to start with. I have also sourced some NOS Campag Omega 19 rims to go on it. The current wheelset has the matching hubs but very weighty CPX30 aero rims which don't float my boat. It's getting hard to find decent clincher rims unless you sell a kidney.

All I need now are an ITA bottom bracket, to choose a saddle, bars, stem and tape.

Attachments

• rims.jpg
    rims.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 685

Montello":16ohtyog said:
JSH":16ohtyog said:
jordic1968":16ohtyog said:

Beatfiful frame indeed.

Hi
There isn’t a chain stay bridge and the tubing has the SLX rifling for sure. It’s a later one though with 130mm spacing and 2 sets of bottle cage bosses

Thanks
John

Sounds like a Montello for sure.

There are some tips on aging here, it's mainly guess work. :)

************************/pinarello/montellos.shtml

I will need some step down ferrules for the brake housing. I've seen your drawing of the dimensions but did you buy them ready made?

Back