Unknown fork

gore4673

Retro Newbie
Hi guys!
Someone could help me to identify this unknown fork?
I have found it on a MuddyFox Rock'n'Roll frame.
Thank you!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1507057428171.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507057428171.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 798
Re:

Decals look to be muddy fox so factory fitted, they were playing about with suspension of their own around that era.

Lack of muddy fox in the catalogue section doesn't help.

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":3ip629cp said:
Decals look to be muddy fox so factory fitted, they were playing about with suspension of their own around that era.

Lack of muddy fox in the catalogue section doesn't help.

Great idea..
I have already written to MuddyFox for help me to identify the frame, because it's different from the classic Rock'n'Roll but they answer me that "Unfortunately our system only supplies information for the current items that are in stock."

so I think that ask another time to Muddy for the fork is a bit useless

Checker Pig had a fork similar to this one. Have a look at the only brochure in the archive.

troje":1meyomg9 said:
Checker Pig had a fork similar to this one. Have a look at the only brochure in the archive.

you are right! it's quite similar but the ?carbon? strips are missing....

the construction appears to be slightly different. I think the manufacturer name is Aitec-S.

That Sticha fork certainly might be the DNA source for the Checker Pig/ Muddy Fox one.
The mechanical Hope brake would put it around 1989/90...

Looks like the Checker pig version has a shorter elastomer stack than the MF one. 50mm claimed in the CP catalogue, so presumably the MF one is later than 1992.

All the best,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 14.59.05.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 14.59.05.png
    70 KB · Views: 666
danson67":15hkuwka said:
That Sticha fork certainly might be the DNA source for the Checker Pig/ Muddy Fox one.
The mechanical Hope brake would put it around 1989/90...

Looks like the Checker pig version has a shorter elastomer stack than the MF one. 50mm claimed in the CP catalogue, so presumably the MF one is later than 1992.

All the best,

Thank you!

Back