19" grotty 88 Specialized Stumpjumper, free-ish for charity

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello folks.

Still clearing out the cave. Today's offer is a 19" 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper, it may not look like it from the pics, but it is. It's been badly rattle canned and has had so many component swaps over the years. It was most recently used as my bad frost/snow hack hence the spiked tyres.

Basically you get everything in the pics excluding the wheels & tyres. Everything works, it's not tidy but it does the job.

I do have a pair (mismatched) of Shimano something hubs on Mavic something else rims that you can have. Hubs will need a strip and regrease but basicaly they're OK. They even have tubes and tyres that hold air.

Some "higlights"
Frame is 19" measuring: seat tube c/c 50cm, top tube 57cm c/c
Sele San Marco titanium rail saddle
Headset - top race is a Koga Miyata (roller bearing I from memory) bottom is Shimano Deore XT
Bottom bracket (cup & cone) & MT60 Shimano Deore DX cranks with Biopace rings
Cantis on the front and U-brake rear
Shimano Deore XT brake levers
Shifters are Deore 6 speed SIS but at they can be switched to friction you can use them non indexed to any speeds you want, I used to run 8 speed.

So here's the deal. You collect the bike (Horsham, West Sussex, happy to meet you at the station) then you make a donation (you decide how much for) to the charity that has helped me via the just giving link here:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Tad-Kowal

If you don't know me, long story short. I had cancer, it was seriously crap, the Olive Tree Cancer Support Centre helped make it easier. Now I'm a lot better I'm raising some money for them to carry on helping other people.

Cheers,

Tad

Attachments

• DSCN1674.jpg
    DSCN1674.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 1,060
The History Man":1hq99j3y said:
The sight of that paint job is worth a tenner. So they got one. Cheers Bud.

Thanks matey, it's greatly appreciated. Makster is the "genius" responsible for the paintwork :LOL:

Back