Today's ROAD ride

Re:

Happy Birthday, Clive! ;)

Wow, now that's what I call a climb! :shock: Like the sort of climbs around here. Only five times the size!

I'm going to have to take a holiday up your way sometime, mate! :cool:

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":19jsgdid said:

Wow, now that's what I call a climb! :shock: Like the sort of climbs around here. Only five times the size!

Mike

cheers Mate

If you come up here you won't be disappointed Some great walks for the missus too.

Re:

Oh yeah,

I s'pose I'd better ask her if she wanted to come along, too! :roll: :LOL:

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":pnoluoeq said:

Mike

very jealous Clive..

That bump on the Cambrian landscape the is on my bucket list, One day I'm gonna ride it,

Re:

It was great to get out for a ride today! Firstly as I had the week off, secondly the weather was good, thirdly it was the maiden run on my newly built Roberts, and finally because for reason's I won't go into, it was the first time in nearly a week that I could go for a ride without too much discomfort.

So along a boring main road I went, through Arundel, then over the top of Whiteways and heading downhill again.

WP_20171214_11_33_23_Pro[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Taking it really easy with the gears to start with, plenty of time to blow out the cobwebs should I feel the need!

I was working out a new route, some of it new to me, for a retro ride coming up. I was liking the mainly single track roads, along the bottom of the Downs.

WP_20171214_12_06_09_Pro[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

With only a few rises, no hills to speak of.

WP_20171214_12_15_12_Pro[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Photo was taken in one of the rare moments of Sunlight!

I was thankful of the slight change in wind direction! T'was a cold headwind to start with.

Nice bit of metalwork!

WP_20171214_12_37_24_Pro[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

WP_20171214_12_43_47_Pro[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Heading through Watersfield, and onward towards Amberley, and a cafe stop. Oh no! Sadly they were closed! :shock:
Came up with a plan B, only a couple of miles away. Refreshments at last.

WP_20171214_13_05_16_Selfie(1)[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

After a nice caffeine boost, I was ready for the ride back up to Whiteways Lodge, and down into Arundel once again.

WP_20171214_13_57_13_Pro[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Some very impressive buildings here!

Then back along a little country road, looking good!

WP_20171214_14_04_24_Pro[1] by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Before a couple of miles back along the main road. I was getting back into m stride now, big gears and all !

Got home satisfyingly knackered!

The bike, an '89 Roberts Columbus SL tubed affair, performed faultlessly. Pleased I splashed out the £150 for the frameset!

Mike

Re:

cool bike, great colour ... almost (if not) gios blue

Some lovely lanes down there. We stayed just outside Arundel when the tour came to brighton and rode from Arundel to brighton & back. Was a bit cooked that day.

Back