Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

chrisv40":2lmkrdc8 said:
Got a 1993 Saracen catalogue if anyone wants scans.

'93/'94 is where it's at for me. I'm currently building up (very, very slowly!) a 1993 Saracen Kili XTR Elite. Gorgeous frameset in Tange Ultimate Utrastrong. I had a '94 version (practically identical, save for the CNC alloy brace on the R35s) way back when and this is the closest I could get to finding another. :cool:

Hi just seen this thread ive got a kili flyer ? in the garage (another project to do) it's dark grey bit's of stag's head on i think it's from mid 80's just have to get a new camera to post some pick's Ta steve

This is one of those Projects on the back boiler... built this up earlier this year (yea I know its not period correct :roll: ) but I intend to get the frame resprayed and refinished early part of next year and built up with more period correct components :) I think is around 1989 . front and rear 'u' brakes which will be interesting :LOL:

SARACENSIDEDOOR.jpg

John":uam95ohg said:
Got to say I've a soft spot for any old saracens, I'm talking pre 1990. double U-brakes rule. This thread needs a pic of Heathys fillet brazed one - choice!

Here you go then boyz ;)

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 3,617
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 3,617
heathy mate, I am loving that Kili.. :twisted:

Saracen of the month, what a grand idea :cool: My 89/90 Trekker Comp

2877818259_5acd7c696c_o_d.jpg

I can't match Heathy's for originality but my Kili is almost done. I'm waiting for CRC to deliver some Ergon grips and it will be complete. Here is the frame and (non-original) forks. Compare with the one above. Do you think I should add the stickers as per the original or leave it as it is?

Attachments

• F & F.jpg
    F & F.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,589
Back