Kona Lava Dome 1993 - Now Completed 24.01.09

8lezard

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello Folks,

Here's my Kona Lava Dome 1993. I've been browsing Retrobike and slowly collecting bits to re-build it for a while now...

main.php

The photo was taken on the sunny day we had in May earlier this year (anybody remember that???). :roll:

I have the following drive-train for it:-

LX M563 chainset
XT M737 SGS rear der
XT M738 front der
XT M737-i cassette

main.php

I have some new decals from Gil_m, a respray is planned and I'll update this thread as the project progresses. When I finally get it finished I'll post it in Reader's bikes... :LOL:

Look forward seeing this one when finished, are you have the same 2 tone colours finish on frame?

Cheers Guybe.

Not sure about the colour scheme yet... Would be good to keep the two-tone look but I also like the all-silver finish of the '94 Kilauea.

hey!

i had one identical, mine was pinched by matey who owes me £'s still. had a big dent in top tube anyhow, mine rated 0.1/10 condition, diagnosis rattler/bone shaker?

remember the ride, you'll enjoy once finished / ready.

:roll: :roll:

A few more bits out of the project box...

LX M566 STi, XT M752/753 hubs, LX threaded headset, Onza chill pills:-

main.php

Use seatpost:-

main.php

Zoom Brahma bars / Brahma grips :cool:??? :LOL: :-

main.php

And the part that was taking me ages to find (the original had snapped)... then I was lucky enough to find one for sale on here NOS! :) Kona Dog Collar:-

main.php

dirtjumper_dmr":33fwccya said:
are you the king of NOS ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: some lovely looking kit there, mostly very envious :oops:

I second that. Where on earth are you finding this stuff :shock:

Love the bramah bars by the way, I had a black anodised set BITD with the ends as close to horizontal as possible, I must have looked like a crap 14 year old Chris Boardman :oops:

Picked up the Brahmas on eBay.de - 13.50 euros inc p&p... Bargain! :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lovely kit there mate and im looking forward to seeing it built up, but may i also compliment you on some very well taken pictures with lovley detail.

GC

Back