Fuquay is finished!

stu

jammy git
Hello everyone,

Finally got the Fuquay up and running, bit the bullet and bought a wider BB for the Middleburns, the front mech is for the smaller chainrings but I have a shiny Shimano XTR on the way :D The Caramba brake levers looked nice but felt horrible so I've swapped them out until some Dia Compe SS5 or SS7 levers come along.

Took it out for a spin today and it feels really light and zippy, feels like it would make a great commuter with skinny slicks on too!

There are still a few little jobs to do....the cable hanger will be painted silver to match the headset and the purple 48 tooth chainring will be swapped for a silver 46 tooth.

Hope you like it as much as I do :D
Stu

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

Looking good stu.

I hope you have some spd's to go on there, with flattes you'll ruin those very purple cranks after a while :shock:

Otherwise V Nice mate! :cool:

Lovely :cool:

That's one of the rare bikes that'd suit a bit more purple rather than less IMHO...

Cheers Guys,

A friend of the family does cut-vinyl lettering so he's gonna sort me out with some replica Fuquay decals soon.....just need to dig out a picture of the armadillo :D

I'm not a great fan of SPD's but been using some V8's on the Bonty and the anodising on the Cooks is still looking good, the Middleburns are quite rubbed......first pair I'd seen with Purple arms :cool:

Wasn't sure how far to go with the Purple, have some more Pauls cantilevers and brake levers kicking around in the shed......and some Ringle Twisters too.....was originally thinking of keeping it all silver but didn't want to use my NOS silver Middleburns....did have to use the NOS inner chainring bolts & spacers though!

Cheers
Stu

That looks great stu!! :D :D

Good colour choice too. Nice build. Just get the decals on!!

I may have some mint Renthal bars in purple if you need...

Hi Stu,

Really nice pure bike.

To protect frame from cablerub, but also to protect some cranksets, I use transparent plastic to protect schoolbooks. You get a lot for very cheap.

- Melvin

gump":k39ij6z1 said:
I may have some mint Renthal bars in purple if you need...

If Stu doesn't then I do :D

Nice looking ride Stu, those tyres look perfecto.. Been hacking the Bont around and thinking about going down the Rigid Road.. Truly Retro :cool:

*hold thumb and finger one inch apart*

I was this close to buying one of these in 1995.

But it would have taken two months to be built and my last frame had just snapped so I neede something ASAP.

It looks lovely.

Back