Early Fat Chance Wicked

straylight23

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I recently acquired an late 1980ies MTB with a complete XT 730 group. The rear brake is an u-brake. The brand of the bike is Titan which seems to be an old swiss bike label. Nothing special. The frame is rather heavy and a little small for me. Thinking about, what could be the right frame for the XT group, the early (1988 and 1989 - I think) Fat Chance Wicked came to my mind.

Hence, I am looking for a Fat Chance Wicked frame set with u brake in good condition. No need for perfection, but it should look alright as it is.
Desired size would be 19,5 or 21.

Anyone? What would be a reasonable prize for those?

Thanks an kind regards,
Tom

Re:

FATs of that 80s era are pretty rare but 87/88s U brake Wickeds do come up occasionally but more likely you will have to import it from the US, which can be costly. A UK supplied bike would expect to make ~ £350-400 Frame and forks or maybe £5-650 for a complete bike depending on cond. Maybe widen the net for canti brake only versions and sell the u brake.

Good luck in the hunt, which is half the fun :D

Re: Re:

M-Power":1ug23kb4 said:
FATs of that 80s era are pretty rare but 87/88s U brake Wickeds do come up occasionally but more likely you will have to import it from the US, which can be costly. A UK supplied bike would expect to make ~ £350-400 Frame and forks or maybe £5-650 for a complete bike depending on cond. Maybe widen the net for canti brake only versions and sell the u brake.

Thanks for the price range. I am in no hurry, so I'll probably wait and stick to this u brake thingy ;)

M-Power":1ug23kb4 said:
luck in the hunt, which is half the fun :D

absolutely :D

Re:

Im on a long time hunt for an 82/83 FAT, ideally with a non unicrown fork. These things occasionally change hands behind the scenes.

Re: wicked

one here,,,,,,,,,,http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Wicked-Fat-Chance-Mountain-Bike-Frame-Vintage-/152696406646?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

some reason link not working but its there $299

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back