1986 Bob Jackson 531c, finished ! !

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":f0pvy2ay said:
Just a suggestion, but how about getting Bob to fit a new recessed brake bridge ;)

Just been quoted £35 for a new brake bridge. Looking for calipers now. Tentatively. Maybe a bridge is best

Mike

Re:

A suggestion would be to simply change the bolts on the calipers from allen key to nut or vice-versa.

Rk.

Re: Re:

roadking":drjarr27 said:
A suggestion would be to simply change the bolts on the calipers from allen key to nut or vice-versa.

Rk.

Maybe, if

A, they're compatible with both types of caliper, and

B, they're available

Mike

Re: Bob Jackson 531c

£35 for a new brake bridge looks like a winner if you are going allen key............ I thought it would be more but only the cost of 2 steaks at Beefeater LOL

Midlife":3o2k38ox said:
£35 for a new brake bridge looks like a winner if you are going allen key............ I thought it would be more but only the cost of 2 steaks at Beefeater LOL

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hoping to find out the age of the frame, Shaun. If it's older that I thought ( late '80s at a guess), I may bite the bullet and go for an older g/set. GULP! Also the paint scheme I had in mind may change too. :roll:

Mike

Over BB cables, nutted brakes, MC fork crown that's my era :). 1979-81 as it also has top tube guides :)

Midlife":1vmyejgw said:
Over BB cables, nutted brakes, MC fork crown that's my era :). 1979-81 as it also has top tube guides :)

:shock: Really that old?! I'll be looking for older components in that case!

Mike

That's not old Mike :)

I must have seen it on here mate, knew I had seen it recently.
It's a really great looking frame and you have us all wondering about this paint job.
C'mon give us a hint :)

Jamie

Back