95 Zaskar LE

Looks good! I like GT and the Zaskar quite a bit. I would not mind doing one myself if I came across one.
I did like the Kore stem since I like their products. A matching seat post and black elite skewers would have looked cool. The Syncros looks good as well and is original.

Some vintage Nuke Proof carbon hubs with the yellow logo would look good on your bike.

Nice job overall though, bet it's fun to ride.

Re:

While looking for parts for my 91 Zaskar project I came across a good deal on a M900 rear mech for my 95 Zaskar LE. One step closer to being completely original.

Attachments

• zaskars.jpg
    zaskars.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 329
  • m900-1.jpg
    m900-1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 329
  • m900-2.jpg
    m900-2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 329
Re:

If your '91 ends up being half a s nice as your '95 then it's going to be stunning.

I've never had a ball burnished Zaskar, but I think I might have to acquire one at some point.

Thanks. The 95 probably would be more fitting in a museum than on a trail. The sidewalls on the tires are dried out. The greased areas are gummy. The brake pads have hardened with age. The elastomers were replaced with springs at some point and are now rusty. I love the 95 for what it is and I want to preserve it. The 91 will be a fun trail bike. It will be far more usable.

Re:

I found some original Onza H.O. pedals and a more fitting Bontrager Titec handlebar. I've decided that this bike is only original once and who knows, this might be a more highly collectable bike some day. I'm leaving the original patina. I think it will be appreciated for what it is. Besides, I have my 91 Zaskar that's my fun bike.

Attachments

• 20180509_201613.jpg
    20180509_201613.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 207
Back