Modern Seiko Divers

Fudd":3iy9nlnk said:
Nice collection there Gerard and I like how you've went for the 6105-8000 rather than the more popular 6105-8110. People rave over the 8110 being as it's the watch Martin Sheen wore in Apocalypse Now and all that but I'm in the minority who prefer the case shape of the previous version. I've never owned one and I doubt I ever will seeing how the prices have risen in the last few years but I've handled more than a few of both types. This is the last one I had the 'pleasure' of working on - http://wristsushi.proboards.com/thread/ ... iver-happy

Fudd
Many thanks. Yes I too have never seen the appeal of the 8110 and never owned one. Just doesn't do it for me or look right. Much prefer the 8000. Thanks for the link...new one on me. I have dropped off the watch forums a bit...used to spend a lot of time on the Seiko/Citizen forum.

Some tasty looking watches here ... makes me want to starting wearing a watch. I can't stand relying on my phone.

In fact, I've been dying to wear a watch ever since I lost my last one, handed down to me by my dad. I stupidly lost it a couple of years after he gave it to me and though it wasn't particularly special, it had a simplicity that I really liked (and had kept going for 40 years).

I wondered if the knowledge here would extend to general watches as I want to see if I can find a similar replacement from the same time. I believe I have a pencil drawing I made of it which could help. I would be grateful if anyone might be able to look at it and make some suggestions.

Re:

Ok, I found the drawing, it's a lot more sketchy than I thought.

It had a black face and everything else was silver, understated, probably steel but I wouldn't know anything, and probably a lot more round than this when looking down on the silver/steel body (corners), and overall was thin and flat, not thick and convex as I seem to have drawn it. The hands and the hour indications were square not sharp and you could see '12,9,6,3'.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 4,050
Re:

Just put a shark mail/mesh strap on to my 007..already been put on here on this thread..blue bubble glass and plonguer hands..

thanks

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6530.JPG
    IMG_6530.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 3,899
  • IMG_6532.JPG
    IMG_6532.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 3,899
  • IMG_6533.JPG
    IMG_6533.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 3,899
  • IMG_6535.JPG
    IMG_6535.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 3,899
Re: Seiko kinetic watch capacitor replacement and repair

Hi all new to this corner of Retro bike , i have just come across this Seiko KINETIC quartz Titanium ,
5M43 , i know its not a divers but it has the 2 second tic , so as i understand it it does not hold a charge , so the question is were is the best place to get it repaired and how much ,

Photo0424_zpsbhe21f5v.jpg

Photo0425_zpsfu8hywmu.jpg

sorry very poor pictures :facepalm:

Re: Seiko chronograph Model 6139-7070

Once again sorry for posting here , but once again looking for help and advice . Bought this one when i was about 18 many many years ago , one of the stop watch buttons are stuck and it does not run , its been used and abused ( motor bike crash ) then put in THE drawer for many years , so is it worth trying to fix .

Photo0438_zpsbhqcawsl.jpg

Photo0440_zps60pn2xij.jpg

( I know i need a better camera :facepalm: )

Think i have the bug after fixing the last one :D .

You should get around £250 for it if it's in working condition. The pushers probably just need cleaned and new gaskets fitted but if the movement isn't running then it'll need a full strip down and service. There's a bit more to servicing one of these vs swapping the cell in a Kinetic and it takes me around four hours to service a 6139 (it's my day job).

Here's a pic of the last 6139 I serviced to give you an idea of whats inside -

37423574512_0a42cb792d_c.jpg

More here - https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6c5FnY

Morning!

Anybody know where I can find the titanium strap for my Citizen jp3020-05e?

The titanium parts are great - except the steel pins that hold it together rust out.

Google pic:

medium_333820288-fs-citizen-aquamount-jp-3020-05e.jpg

Back