Neilll's Project No.4 Rocky Mountain Cirrus

neilll":131qlzkw said:
sinnett177":131qlzkw said:
Lovely collection of parts Neilll.

I thought you hated Syncros ;) :p

With a passion Neilll. But in my defence the parts you've collected aren't your everyday syncros parts, more like hen's teeth. Syncros works with this project as it's what they were specced with (although not to the extent your going too). I could waffle on about what I think about the brand and their parts but I don't intend to alienate myself on this forum to the extent that I would!

sinnett177":2diljhyj said:
I could waffle on about what I think about the brand and their parts but I don't intend to alienate myself on this forum to the extent that I would!

Do it!!! i'm curious now, plus, constructive critique rocks (and we all have thick skins ;) )

That will look nice,

Since the stem has not got the noodle, don't forget a hanger ;)
Though they do look better then the older flat topped ones.

Also if you've not had one of that style of syncros post, be careful with it, the top clamping is not very strong and you can flatten the top part and rocker part. Though that normally takes a good bit of riding to get it done (they tend to creek after a bit as well). Still wish I could find my original post, it MUST be somewhere.

neilll":2z6bir2l said:
This little update is for all the Neersayers, doubters, Fluffychicken, DrS, Mark etc who wanted 'proof' this thing existed/changed shape since I first started this thread :LOL: :LOL:

I may be VERY slow but here is the 'intent' ;)

Parts as follows:

Rims: Campag Thorr NOS
Seat: 'red logo' Flite NOS
Hubs: Bullseye NOS
Stem: Syncros Cattleprod NOS
Headset : original King MINTY
Seatpost: Syncros NOS
Forks: Syncros Powerlite MINTY
Bars: Syncros T78 MINTY
Bar Ends: Syncros SteerHorns NOS
Tyres (not pictured): Onza amberwall Porc NOS

Gruppo will probably be full M900 (excluding cranks!)

:shock:
nice!

FluffyChicken":28k1m245 said:
Since the stem has not got the noodle, don't forget a hanger ;)

To be honest I will probably not use this one as I have a '91 stem with a noodle.

FluffyChicken":28k1m245 said:
Also if you've not had one of that style of syncros post, be careful with it

Yeah I know....the original one broke :roll: Took me months to find another 30.4 post.

Back