the unofficially cool MTB drop bar thread

I'll share my mutant, lovely ride on both gravel as MTB tracks.

p5pb14738797.jpg

p5pb14738798.jpg

p5pb14738800.jpg

p5pb14598398.jpg

Smithjss70":1yuz6bke said:
Woof. How much stem do you have left in the head tube? That looks a bit dangerous.

Honestly, the stem is slammed all the way to the bottom of the steer tube! I'm considering cutting off a bunch of it.... I compared it to some of my "long" Nitto Technomics stems, and it is much longer? For what it's worth, I'm a stickler for "minimum insertion marks"!

Cheers!

Jamis Diablo":ri2vb8xr said:
I'll share my mutant, lovely ride on both gravel as MTB tracks.

p5pb14738797.jpg

p5pb14738798.jpg

p5pb14738800.jpg

p5pb14598398.jpg

Love that Raleigh, is "mutant" the model designation? Kind of hard to see what it says on the frame.

I posted this years ago in a SS thread, but here's an old offering of mine:
file.php

Hopefully able to update with a more recent build in the near future...

Re:

Here is my first attempt of a drop bar mtb. Will be used mainly as a commuter and perhaps some gravel riding. Used the 1991 Trek 6000 frame which I bought a few years back and had been in storage since. Combined with a mixed bag of old parts and some new this is the initial result. Picture is taken after the first short ride in snowy Olso. First impressions: Rides well but not sure about my choice of bars. They are classic Cinellis but I find them a bit narrow (42s). Also the cheap shimano shifters on top of the bars leave little room for my hands. Might try some flared bars with bar-end shifters some day, but for now it will have to do.

Attachments

• IMG_1891.JPG
    IMG_1891.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 510
Back