80's Muddy Fox, Help Please.

Heavy,

yup Courier on the top Tube, Muddy Fox on the down tube. Just looked out the original advert from Bicycle Action. will scan and send to you.

Terry - I may be wrong about the year, but I definately bought my all canti, all white newly indexed Courier in Oct 87 from Kingston Cycles (Evans) as they were running them out cheaper as the new half purple ones were being unveiled as the all new 88 model coming in. Never had a catalogue so couldn't tell which year it was listed as.

After looking at your new photo's 7 Kit on the bike, I'd say its 99% a Courier from 86/87 as I had the exact model, in the white/yellow as menthioned above. 87/88 Models were slightly different spec to that shown as most then had the Biopace cranks.

86/87 Courier was my 1st real MTB - a very nice bike in its day.

also, these bikes are bomb proof - My courier & 87 Explorer took some severe punishment & never let me down!!

from the era when Suntour was the kit to have!!

Do you think that the chainset is original? and would the mechs be the xcd6000 mentioned above? I really need to change the nasty ones that are on now, and some period Suntour ones would be nice. D.

chainset isn't original. Orig was a Sugino. They were Alpha 5000 mechs and shifters were XC Sport. Have just sent you spec and ad mate. It's all in there if you want to make it all original.

Got it, thats great. I don't feel the need for it to be all as it was, but I would like it to be in keeping.

It will be a big help that ad and spec as I've found nothing on the internet.

Back