Help - Nordic bike ID / Resto info

Rude Dog

Devout Dirtbag
Hi, I'm trying to track down any information on a Swedish bike someone has given me, any help/pointers greatfully received.

What I know:
Make: Wiklunds - Nordstjernan.

From what I can make out Anton Wiklunds was making bikes in Stockholm up to 1939 and was then taken over by Nymans, there is no indication that Nymans carried on building Wiklunds branded bikes but I can't believe this bike is that old. Info from http://www.cykelhistoriska.se/historyeng.htm
I did get an answer from the guy whose contact details were on the same website but unfortunately it's in swedish so I can't read it, anyone translate it for me:
"Jag fick mejlet nedan från en cykelentusiast så jag skickar det vidare till er."

It's fairly complete but showing some signs of the ravages of time particularly on the chromed parts. Other than that it appears complete, a quick repair to the rear (pink rubber!) inner tube and my young lady was riding up and down the road.

Any info / pointers greatfully received,
Al

"Jag fick mejlet nedan från en cykelentusiast så jag skickar det vidare till er."

Translates (roughly) as "I got the below mail from a bike enthusiast so I'm sharing it with you".

Problem is - it looks like your contact forgot to cut and past the "below mail"....

Thanks for the translation, the original email was copied in to someone else so perhaps they will reply..

An update after successfully contacting Einar as recommended by retrojon (Thanks for that - good tip).

Bike is a '39 model and although not particularly rare in nordic countries is a bit different for the uk. Looks like I'll need a bit more space in the garage as my better half has taken a shine to this old timer (the bike not me!)

Al

Back