Second hand car dealer Burntwood, Staffordshire.

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have recently had a bad experience with a car dealer in Burntwood, Staffordshire. Basically I bought a car from this dealer but when I got it home found it to be covered in little dings and the front end had had a dodgy repair job to the bonnet and bumper. The car is now with Ford and is going to cost over £500 to put right. Further to that the dealer claims it had a FSH but after saying the service book was in the post to me it has not turned up! The car was not cheap (Mondeo Estate ST) and I am absolutly gutted that I fell in to all the traps of a dodgy used car salesman :cry: . Has anyone had any dealings with PW Motors, Corner Garage, Staffordshire? If so, what was your experience? If he doesn't cough up I am going to have to sell my P7, I am so gutted.

Trevor.

Thats crap Trevor, sorry to hear it.
Dealers are dealers, profit is their motive....if it is just cosmetic can you not just live with it? No point chucking money at a car that will devalue anyway?
Hard to see that you will get any reduction etc....basically you saw it and bought it....buyer beware and all that.
Not any help at all really, sorry, but don't sell the P7 just to tart up a car ;)
Carl

I know Carl, the front bumper doesn't fit right and as a result the headlamp washers catch every time they are used. Also there is some foam padding missing from inside the bumper (safety issue) so it has got to be done. It has obviously taken a minor knock to the front end but rather than get it done properly the previous owner or the dealer has done a bodge job just to move it on. Like an idiot I looked at the car when it was covered in condensation so didn't notice it until it was too late :cry: As with my bikes I am a bit of a perfectionist so there's no way I could ignore it! I suppose I should just use my head in future and think first, possibly an expensive lesson and one I could do without with the arrival of our daughter.

Trevor.

That's the one, does look mint in the pictures. Cost me £80 to get some dents removed (says he will pay for that) and it is now at Ford having the bumper repaired and the bonnet/wing resprayed! I have also yet to see the service book and doubt I ever will, I would not trust the bloke as far as I could throw him! However, it seems there is some justice. The freelander I part exchanged has been returned to him after he sold it - the clutch has gone on it :LOL: What problems did your mate have?

Trevor.

Don't you have some comeback since it's a motor trader? Have you approached them.

At the end of the days when buying used cars as with anything else second hand it's caveat emptor. Looks good i nthe pics though.

If it's any consolation bought a used mondeo tdci off ebay and the turbo went after three weeks :LOL: Spent the cash to fix it up and chalked it up to experience. The car has run sweet as a nut ever since (touch wood!).

Have you spoken to the supplying dealer to verify service history. Mosts dealers are more than happy to disclose if they've worked on a car. Suspect given the low mileage it will only be due one service anyhow.

Dealer says he will 'sort something out' with me. It should have only had one service and as soon as he finds out which dealer it was serviced at I can get them to stamp another book for me. Trouble is I dont trust the bloke who sold it to me because he has lied to me from the first moment I spoke with him. I will believe it if/when it happens!

Trevor.

If you bought the car under the understanding there was a service history and no book is later available (ahem) you may have some comeback. You established the contract on the understanding it has a service history.

I would talk to your local Trading Standards. He may be an old friend of theirs...

Speak to trading standards. My friend bought a car from a dealer and the central locking was playing up. They phoned the garage and got the fob off. After taking advice from the trading standards where able to get the garage to pay for it to be fixed.

Back