Dilema...what do you think?

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Kinda got it in head that I want a singlespeed 29er, this has come up
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kona-Kula-2-9-6-m ... 286.c0.m14
which I could easily convert to singlespeed using my Eno Cranks and a spacer kit and cog on the rear.
The advantage over my current ride would be
Front suspension
Disc brakes
29er
Disadvantage
I would have to sell my Guyzer
Ebaystuff105.jpg

which I'm very loathe to do.
Am I just wanting something newer/better/different or do you see some real advantage?
Carl

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
But how is it (29er thing) better ?
Disc and front sus I can understand (even if I've never used disc's), but the 29er thing I cannot.

Anyways, I guess it depends how you ride and if your current bike is actually not doing something you want it to.

your guyzer is much prettier and anyways for that kind of money think what you could build from this mob.........thats what i would do........much more fun in building your own ie waiting for parcels to show up ect....plus it would feel like your own too...... :) :)

trouble is as we all know that those new modern frames like these all look the same.a distinct lack of individuality ...perhaps something slightly older (only a few years) may suit you (sir oooooh)..my sannie only cost about 600 to build and it sticks out a mile(my preferance) so a grand would be soooooooooo much better spent on here....just think of all those happy r.bikers because of you.... :p

I would stick with the Guyzer after you spend all that money on the bike recently, just enjoy the bike over the winter and by Easter next year if your heart still want a 29er, then buy one ready for the summer months, that is just my view.

If you want it, buy it, but FWIW I think that the Kula on e-bay is overpriced and your Guyzer is a beautiful machine. Make of that what you will :)

Aye- keep the Guyzer, upgrade and improve it at yer leisure.

BTW, what are Emo Cranks?? Are they like ordinary cranks but a bit skinnier and with cuts and scratches on the arms???.... :p

Lysander":2ge0eeo9 said:
Aye- keep the Guyzer, upgrade and improve it at yer leisure.

BTW, what are Emo Cranks?? Are they like ordinary cranks but a bit skinnier and with cuts and scratches on the arms???.... :p

:LOL: :LOL:

defo keep the guyzer, thats just a banged out faddy Kona. If you must go 29 why not price up a custom build? Whats Rody doing a frame for? May be slightly dearer but reckon you could come in the same ballpark.

Back