Zinn 753 with full XTR

Re:

I don't get the stem, bars and zoom cable hanger!

Brake rubbers are on the wrong way round too, which I don't understand at all

Re:

Cables, brake set up etc all cringes my ocd but few people know how to set a bike up perfectly, even experienced LBS mechanics. Learned that many years ago. Judging by the attention to detail on BOTM builds, theres plenty of perfectionists on here though :LOL:

Re:

I think it's legit, just a pre Z-753 model, with a later groupset.

As Carl said, it's clearly an early one with the rear facing seat clamp and lack of rollers at the seat stay/seat tube junction. I think it's a 753 because I've not seen a 531 Zinn with the same head tube reinforcement, or the same dropouts without rack/fender mounts.

Re:

See black bike far right in picture below ......looks similar

file.php
file.php

I agree. It looks very similar, albeit the pic is blurry and lacking important detail. This page from the same 1990 catalogue shows the option of 753:

35198021363_86b928ac58_b.jpg

I'm by no means convinced that it's 753, but it doesn't look like a "standard" 531 Zinn to me either.

iveto1983":1pcfs9gy said:
I agree. It looks very similar, albeit the pic is blurry and lacking important detail. This page from the same 1990 catalogue shows the option of 753:

35198021363_86b928ac58_b.jpg

I'm by no means convinced that it's 753, but it doesn't look like a "standard" 531 Zinn to me either.

Thanks for that. Looks like I need a 20" to get my magic 23" TT length. Saw Tim Gould's Roberts made 753 Peugeot race bike at Eastway in 90 iirc. Awesome to see Zinn were offering it as an option back in 1990. Wish id know this :facepalm:

Re: Re:

iveto1983":dg116zwd said:
I think it's legit, just a pre Z-753 model, with a later groupset.

As Carl said, it's clearly an early one with the rear facing seat clamp and lack of rollers at the seat stay/seat tube junction. I think it's a 753 because I've not seen a 531 Zinn with the same head tube reinforcement, or the same dropouts without rack/fender mounts.

Without hearing from Andy himself, that small detail confirms its a 753 for me. (good Spot too)

All the other details are the same as the 531 of the same age, but for the lack of rack and mudguard mounts. A rare find is any condition, this one looks well kept too. (although not spec correct, Dripping in all that XTR I would think it was a good price)

Another Rare sight Saved imho. Well done all.

Back