Hairy Coo - XC racing in rural Perthshire

Sorry guys I'm obviously not there !

Moving hoose was far more chaotic than planned and ME then kicked in :roll:

All I can say is big steaming piles of Poo !!!!!!

Still up for Sidlaws, plus there is a good circuit in the Pentlands I have found in a mtb mag we should consider.

So much to do and no energy to do it.

Cheers all :D

You had a very lucky escape velo- that was a tough course- off to drink lots of beer and try and forget it ha ha.

Will post some pictures later when ma legs stop shaking :shock:

some very nice ken and mini ken pictures- story to follow later after more beer :roll:

Attachments

• DSC05140 (Large).JPG
    DSC05140 (Large).JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,052
  • DSC05141 (Large).JPG
    DSC05141 (Large).JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,052
  • DSC05144 (Large).JPG
    DSC05144 (Large).JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,052
That was a real challange you guys provided Colin. Would love to say that I thought the course was great but it was just to demanding for an old codger like me to really enjoy. A lot more training next year if I hope to complete it/ survive it.

I was very pleased with how the clockwork coped with the route and loved your very orig. clockwork. Thanks also for the more sedate offroad route to comrie via laggan hill, me and Kaiser had a blast- much more my kind of gradient :roll: You are very lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world and thanks to all the marshalls and indeed everyone who helped make the day possible- cheers albeit my legs are still very sore :LOL:

Echo what gazz has said, great day out but just a level above my capabilities. Good target to aim for though and some of the racers were superb. Great atmosphere too :D

Jeez, if it was demanding for you guy's it would have killed me i think :LOL: , may still try and make it next year though, i'll just make sure i'm fit, sound's like you had a good time anyway and at least the weather styed decent ;)

yup seems to be a bit of a consensus that it was a bit tough, too much technical stuff and killer climbs methinks. We're going to try and improve things and have taken a lot of stuff on board to ease things a little for next year. A lot of folks also said they enjoyed the challenge, so we will aim for somewhere in the middle

Great to have you guys up though and hope you will come back up and ride it again, at a less hectic pace, the dry weather makes a big difference! theres a lot of local stuff thats nearby, similar to the laggan route that you liked gazz, I can point you in the direction of those and have some free map hand outs.

Also great to see two clockworks together, a missed photo op i believe!

Ken, I will email mike this week and see if can shed any light on the sidlaws situation, let you know if/when i discover anything. great pics btw! show the struggle of the first climb off quite well id say

Let me know if theres any rides planned down glasgow way/sidlaws etc, would love the chance to get the old girl muddy

cheers

Coco

Back