show us your cross bikes

erolorhun":2dzs9i83 said:
Conclusion after sifting through the entire thread:

*Singlespeed is elegant

*Carbonfiber and modern bikes with lots of gears and decals is un-elegant

Singlespeed has its benefits (no derailleur to get clogged up), due to the style of racing I don't think I'd want a fixed bike for CX though - it'd have to be a freewheel!

Modern bikes with loads of gears - not un-elegant, just - in my experience - hit & miss on the reliability front. 10 and 11 speed drivetrains don't seem to cope well in off-road conditions. I've witnessed snapped chains in quite a few events.

David

I have just moved to Olivers Battery so I will have to do some recon on the mtb.

Modern bikes don't always look inelegant check out Stybart's Spesh:

20120129-767B5141.jpg

Or loads of the mdern bikes in Kramon's photo sets (I think the Konas look pretty cool!):

http://www.kramon.be/site/pro_cycling/

Re:

Ohh, didn't know this thread existed.

Here my King Frameworks TwoFace, made by Mark Lemstra in the Netherlands.

DSCN1346.JPG

DSCN1343.JPG

Re:

Damn, me too how did I miss this thread for so long?

[get's whisky and slab of dark chocolate]

Re:

A belated contribution to the thread. This is my current CX bike out in the snow earlier this year, although it now has black bar tape and a black Trimatic saddle.

Frame isn't really a Guerciotti but a Reynolds-tubed UK-made one, builder unknown. The only properly current-day concessions are the 10-speed Campag transmission and rear hub, and the Time pedals.

I've since swapped the Modolo canti brakes for Mafac Criteriums since this photo was taken; they may be ancient but with modern BBB cartridge-type pads the performance is very good. Racing season is less than 2 weeks away so a proper test is imminent...

David

Attachments

• snowbike.jpg
    snowbike.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 235
Back