Orange P7 build thread

Looks like your doing all the right things with it! Its a great bike and flys. I got a set of these decals and you're right they aren't quite 100% especially the series 8 that should be on silver foil :(

Love using a dremel (probably get slated) for this kind of work, especially some shiny buffing! Can get in all those hard to reach places.

update:

i ordered and received some decals from Gil and set about getting them on and putting some cables on the bike.

decals where easy to fit but now the orange downtube decals run opposite to each other? :-/ is that right? had a quick look on here and another P7 build has a the same set up so thats good enough for me :)

on with some pics, taken before the cables were fitted but got to dark for decent shots.

oh, and think the XT front mech is to high? dont like it but sold th estx one for a quid! lol#

Re:

P7 looking shiny, awesome and very juicy. Good work there! Keep the photos coming.

The decals fit correctly – that's the thing with the older Orange downtube decals, they weren't designed symmetrical. Today's current modern wrap around decals are symmetrical. How did you recreate the the Series 8 tubing logos? Also, what are the Mountain King tyres like?

Re:

Yes, it's easy to be too eager to stick the decals on and then have to order replacements to reapply them correctly the 2nd time – like wot I did :facepalm:

So, is Gil able to print reproduction silver Series 8 stickers?

Re: Orange P7 build thread - now finished :)

finally got round to finishing the bike this weekend :)

really happy with it, taken a while but didnt want a quick project.

now need some wall mounts to put her pride of place in the garage!

finally build spec is:

March 1996 P7 Frame, stripped and polished
Decals by Gil
XT M738 STI combi
XT M737 canti's
XT M737 rear mech
XT M737 front mech
XT M737 Crank
STX head set
XT750 on Mavic X517 rims with XT skewers
Continental Mountain King tyres
Hope Seat post
Kestle grips - as a tribute to the groupset donar bike
orange stem and hot rod bars
orange seat in brown

pics:

finally finished and wall mounted!

thanks for everyone whos help

obaGO5a.jpg

7Yp4kGt.jpg

Kingswood said:
finally finished and wall mounted!

obaGO5a.jpg

Mate, excellent work – that's bloody gorgeous! Makes me want to polish up my F7s properly now. Hope it's not going to stay on the wall.

Looks great.. a great wall mount or rider... sterling job :) makes me regret selling my p7 frame i bought for a £10, and getting another one!

Back