Information on RC200 Pace

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello everybody!
I have always wanted a very particular Pace RC200.
Circa 1993 Grey anodised with square seat tube but NOT RC100 as could use any groupset and cranks and had RH side of top tube cable routing. 1" head set too if I remember.

Will have some money together by the end of Feb and need 18"/19".

Is it right to call this a RC200 F1 (retrospectivly) and does anyone have one they would part with for about £350.

Failing that a polished one would be nice but I can't get the idea of a grey one out of my head!

RC200

Cool! For further inspiration check out MBUK ?Summer or ?XMAS 1992 - feature was run selecting all the best / cool trick bits of the moment (some of all time IMO) based on the very frameset your thinking of...

I think as standard it came supplied with a Royce bb + fr.mech (suntour or Mavic)

best of luck with your hunt mate
dunno if that was an f1 but i knew a guy with a matt gray anno one
that was newer than mine (in me gallery) and mines an f2 or f3
got the canti cable mount on it.
mikee

Re: RC200

tangent":1ecysa45 said:
Cool! For further inspiration check out MBUK ?Summer or ?XMAS 1992 - feature was run selecting all the best / cool trick bits of the moment (some of all time IMO) based on the very frameset your thinking of...

I think as standard it came supplied with a Royce bb + fr.mech (suntour or Mavic)

That's right! My mate's had the Mavic mech, some had campag instead as they had to be bolt on. His Royce bolts are on my Orange now!

The frame your looking for is a first model Pace RC 200 made late '91 to '92 in what Pace called anodised Black with Royce titanium B/B,Mavic Braze on Front Mech and grease port for the H/S + B/B. as Std. Next was the RC200f2 '93 model year polished with braze on for the front mech becuse of seat tube but no parts/ grease ports as std. The RC200f3 '94 model year was the first to use a round seat tube. The RC200 by the time Pace made the f8 '99 model year had gone throu close to 300 mods/changes in its production run and that's why if you like that type of frame they are so..... good See you have just won one enjoy the :) on your first ride.

tell us more please.mine must be an f3 or later then
can you id from the frame number?
mike

mikee, id from frame numbers NO but from frame detail :- f3 '94 Black pace decals if original, rear brake cable route along drive/crank side of top tube 1" headset.

So mine must be an F4 (BB cable routing, round seat tube, 1 1/8" headtube) or later.

Looking forward to riding it, will have to wait though as I am going to resist the temptation to strip the Orange and I need a lot of bits to build it.

Stick Legs Later looking at the last frame to sell on Ebay to-day its a f7 '98 or f6 '97 These are esay to identify as frame# starts with f. then version # Pace started to mark version from f6 on

Back