pics you might like from my ride today

I lurrrrv Vento's, got a pair on my Pennine. Best wheels I have ever brought.

When I did my track racing I used a Vento up front and a carbon fibre Mavic disc at the rear. I got the disc from Lotus (I used to live 15mins from the HQ) and it was a prototype from the Lotus track bike that Chris Boardman used.......and I sold it when I quit racing.

What an idiot am I :x

**bangs head against wall**

Attachments

• Pennine.JPG
    Pennine.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,320
The C type is a replica ... Its got year of Manufacture 1959 production (was 1951-53 for c types ) and it was registered until 2004 amazing what you can tell from a photo ;)

daj":1cy8s8zs said:
The C type is a replica ... Its got year of Manufacture 1959 production (was 1951-53 for c types ) and it was registered until 2004 amazing what you can tell from a photo ;)

Ah!. One of the Jim Marland Proteus cars. You can just about see the 3.8 through the grill. Why did I not spot that before? :roll:

I think £75K is a reasonable price for an alloy bodied replica.

:D ;)

thanks agency scum, i like it, always gets funny looks from people who sort of know what they are looking at, those pics were taken when i built it, it still looks mint coz i'm a little obsessive with cleaning! :D

i was originally going to have it done as a proper clockwork paint job but it didn't seem right having orange written on it, i spoke to orange and they said they wouldn't have minded me doing it but said don't let it be seen generally coz the didn't want and pics turning up on singletrack saying this is the new orange prototytpe cross bike! at the next orange dealer show i found out they were working on a cross bike so that made sense but that never came to anything anyway! shame

:D

I recognise them chimneys.

I recognise those chimneys. Did you ride from Beaulieu to Fawley through the forest?
Ah those were the days,I used to ride from Hedge end to Bournemouth for the day in the summer when i was a nipper,through ashurst then bit of forest to lyndhurst on to brockenhurst then christchurch and on to bournemouth,sit on the beach for a couple hours taking in the view then of home,84 mile round trip. I'd need an ambulance on standby if I tried it now!

the chimney pic was taken between beaulieu and holbury on the way towards the bridge tavern from the royal oak pub going across the forest if that makes sense to you! :D

Back