my modding decisions

jonnyboy666":2aaywz6d said:
"gents calm it down", when tempers flare has saying "calm down" ever worked, er . . . no.

This has worked in most forums I have seen , things get heated, a mod comes in and makes it clear that things have gone from lively to personal and if it continues then the thread will be locked. Often a visible mod intervention can diffuse many threads and stop escalation. If it continues then the thread is often locked for 24 hours for a cool down

but can I ask, when in rb's history and how often has a mod come in and has locked 10 threads in a matter of minute?

my point is that this could have been handled better and rather than you lashing out at members using the the off topic section for off topic subjects your own interaction has added to, rather than diffused the situation

yes the section can be lively, of course it can, lively means lively, it doesn't mean be offensive or antagonise people.

i don't ride horses, i ride bikes, thought you rode tractors? they're quite high up. perhaps you could crochet and relax while doing so.

Kind of proves my point that you do not see what you do

KDM":31pw6ua8 said:
but can I ask, when in rb's history and how often has a mod come in and has locked 10 threads in a matter of minute?

you weren't here in the days of old when it was required, you've had your say, we'll leave it there.

I have read a lot of the threads recently.
One thing I have found is there seems to some dislikes between certain members and an on going rivalry.
In my opinion I think we could get on much better if we conducted such discussions in an environment where comments can be interpreted properly.
So many times comments can be misinterpreted and taken out of context.
But I may be totally wrong. But discussions can be quite civil. Like my thread on drugs.

videojetman":81yibj7c said:
I have read a lot of the threads recently.
One thing I have found is there seems to some dislikes between certain members and an on going rivalry.
In my opinion I think we could get on much better if we conducted such discussions in an environment where comments can be interpreted properly.
So many times comments can be misinterpreted and taken out of context.
But I may be totally wrong. But discussions can be quite civil. Like my thread on drugs.
That's quite a different sort of thread though to 'todays news' threads.

Leave the mods to it, they act as they see fit.
If anyone has any beef with them, bring it up with John "the guv'nor"

im sure you get paid a fortune for been a moderator !! lol
im just glad we have volunteers like your self to bring order
there have been to many tragedies of late i would have commented on
but have not wanted to be involved in the threads
well done you hve my support

Re:

That says it all really. I am sorry if someone has been put off remarking on important things because a group of self obsessed tossers have been crapping all over the place. I will try and wind my neck in a bit more in future. I hope the others involved will too.

Sorry Retrobike.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3unrhb2g said:
That says it all really. I am sorry if someone has been put off remarking on important things because a group of self obsessed tossers have been crapping all over the place. I will try and wind my neck in a bit more in future. I hope the others involved will too.

Sorry Retrobike.
not aimed at anyone in particular :shock:
i do like hearing about tractors and peat cutting :D

Latest posts

Back