Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Full term?

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Indeed, it appears one of our real un-democratically elected leaders has decided May has 10 days. I guess Rupert has found his chosen successor now.

ajm":3k8fclg5 said:
Which almost sounds plausible until you look at housing in properly Communist states. Soviet tower blocks are of course as close to paradise on earth as you can find...

Oh for christ's sake. The USSR inherited a mostly rural population living in wood huts, a massive homeless population, and a minuscule industrial base during the arse end of world war one. It then had it's entire progress towards modern housing west of Moscow destroyed by world war two - killing 25 million and making another 25 million homeless. They then spent the next 5 years throwing up apartments to get them out of tents and the next 40 after that with an extremely fast population growth. Their strategy being to deal with this using small pre-fab apartments that used resources efficiently and went up fast. This was very successful as even at the "stagnant" speed of construction during the early 80s, it's known they would have reached a housing surplus in the early 2000s.

Now, ignoring that the soviet housing model has been adopted by the English private sector and rented out for £450 per month in Warrington, there's just one question to be asked:

Why are you trying to deflect from the factual statement that those responsible for Grenfell Tower prioritised making it pretty over making it safe, to the degree that they literally sent threats to those who warned of the fire danger?

Bats":13ag3jd0 said:
Why are you trying to deflect from the factual statement that those responsible for Grenfell Tower prioritised making it pretty over making it safe, to the degree that they literally sent threats to those who warned of the fire danger?

Are you saying that the PM (or even anyone else in government) sent threats to those warning of fire danger?

Are you saying that the PM (or even anyone else in government) sent threats to those warning of fire danger?

Those residents who raised genuine concerns about the building and fears over fire safety, were threatened on previous occasions historically. It is more likely to be Kensington Council and the management company they set up if anything.

ajm":1h72p0ey said:
Bats":1h72p0ey said:

Christ alive it's like pulling teeth. The council sent the threats to try and shut them up. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 92346.html

So the PM is now directly responsible for the actions of every individual local authority is she? Of course she isn't. As I have said from the start there is likely to be plenty of blame to be apportioned and I sincerely hope that prosecutions are brought if, as it appears likely, criminal negligence can be shown on the part of any individual.

Demanding the PM resign over something that was nothing to do with her though is patently ridiculous and would not just fail to achieve anything positive, but would throw the country into even more disarray than it is already in.

By the way your constant profanity is both ugly and offensive, keep it to yourself please.

groovyblueshed":bk7frk9b said:
Those residents who raised genuine concerns about the building and fears over fire safety, were threatened on previous occasions historically. It is more likely to be Kensington Council and the management company they set up if anything.

I agree - the main contractor will also be in the frame if the media reports of their opting for a cheaper panel than specified/quoted and pocketing the (meagre) difference are true.

ajm":7m4dg7p1 said:
So the PM is now directly responsible for the actions of every individual local authority is she? Of course she isn't. As I have said from the start there is likely to be plenty of blame to be apportioned and I sincerely hope that prosecutions are brought if, as it appears likely, criminal negligence can be shown on the part of any individual.

Demanding the PM resign over something that was nothing to do with her though is patently ridiculous and would not just fail to achieve anything positive, but would throw the country into even more disarray than it is already in.

I agree, so Why are you asking me if I think she's responsible for what the council does? I never brought it up, never even thought of it. in fact I specifically said it was the council who did it.

I'm at a loss as to how you jump from me pointing out the councils actions all the way to Theresa May.

Re:

I suspect you didn't read my previous posts carefully enough. In the first place, (and given this is/was a thread about TM in particular) I stated that the protesters baying for TM's blood in Downing St, as being somehow responsible for the Grenfell tragedy, were ridiculous.

Re: Re:

ajm":1t80f24w said:
I suspect you didn't read my previous posts carefully enough. In the first place, (and given this is/was a thread about TM in particular) I stated that the protesters baying for TM's blood in Downing St, as being somehow responsible for the Grenfell tragedy, were ridiculous.

No, you directly asked me if I was saying she was responsible. You doing that is still here on the page, but I'll show you a picture too.

moron.png

moron_2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back