Show us Ya Citrus Fruit! (Orange Content)

Just a suggestion for you..... but when I put a shorter stem on ma clockwork, the handling became a lot sharper and IMHO better, that may not be the case with you, but has made me so much more confident on the trails, esp the uphills where I feel the benefit of the more modern geo. that my 110m stem provides.

A valid point, though the only things that have changed on this bike in the last 16 years has been due to wear and tear.
I had not considered changing the stem as I had never given it any thought and also that is how it came from the shop all those years ago.
I might just have to now!

Cheers,

Roger

What headset is you have on the bike now Roger, it looks nice?

It looks like the bike has been well used and well loved in equal measure. In my opinion the best looking frame, bar none.

I like the look of the long stem and was loathe to change it on mine as I had a really nice syncros 150mm which looked the mutts nuts but my new shorter flexstem has been a great improvement and also takes a bit of the trail buzz out of a longer ride which is needed these days :roll:

Anyway thanks for sharing your machine, happy trails.

I'm impressed. :cool:

I love the two colour fade powder coat. Out of interest how much did it set you back, if that's not too personal a question. ;)

The headset is an FSA Duron, unfortunately the letters are etched in so if you are after a more authentic look then you might want to look at something else, but it seems to do the job.
This bike will mainly be used on road now, hence the semi slicks and why the long stem does not bother me too much.
All the work on the frame was done by Neil and Mark at Hutchcoat Powder Coating (sorry to keep plugging them, but I am quite impressed by their customer service and quality of work).
The frame had a couple of dings in the top tube, so they were also filled in by them.
The powder coating is made up of white powder "undercoat" followed by luminous orange powder and then a pearlescent white paint fade on the two tubes, then I do not know if it was lacquered or had a clear powder coat over the top. Regardless, it is a really shiny and tough finish.

All of the above for £80! :D

No that is not typo!

Cheers,

Roger

£80 :shock:

That is a great price. Mine was done by argos and as with all paint, is pretty much chipped and scraped after only a few spills :roll: It looks great but is def. not as tough as a powder coat would be.

Get some fat tires on, I rode my C. on road for about a year and then made the leap and I am so glad I did, tis a wonderous machine offroad and no mistake, jim bob ma lad!

My 1994 P7.
It's my first retro build. A bloke at work was throwing two of these framesets in the skip! I had away with them, gave one to my cousin and kept this one. Cost me £78 to get it how you see it. Joined Retrobike to sell it on, but quickly decided to keep it.
Frame and fork - Orange P7.
Bars, stem, saddle - Orange.
Seatpost - USE.
Wheels - Mavic XM317, Hope Mono XC, Panaracer Fire XC.
Brakes - M737 cantis, Nexave levers.
Drivetrain - circa 2000 full XT 24 speed. XT headset.
Grips - Lizard Skins Chargers.

Attachments

• P7.JPG
    P7.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 2,221
Just got my 2002 Sub3 frame back from Orange after a respray,a top job,

These are the before and after photos
Alora.jpg

Sub3.jpg

Modern content :shock:

My 2008 Prestige S that I collected from the Orange factory yesterday; the last Prestige frame they had, after I just missed out on their last 2007 Clockwork. So new, it still has the bell and reflectors on it

main.php

main.php

Back