Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT4

PDL

Dirt Disciple
My 1993 Raleigh Dyna-Tech Frame. Titanium main tubes and chain stays, and mang-moly seat stays, and all bonds still holding!

Manitou 1 forks (with no elastomers :( ); I'm planning to replace these with the original rigid forks, but will need a new steerer first.

1993 XT mechs, XT RapidFire+ shifters and brakes, DX headset, BB and chainset. M737 SPDs. XT hubs with M231 rims. Tioga DL2001 bars and Onza Raw 140 bar ends (in a sorry state). Slightly later (199:cool: Control Tech seatpost as the frame didn't like the USE suspension seatpost and shim very much.

Needs a good tidy up and degrease as well as the forks sorted, but thought I'd post it anyway.

main.php

main.php

By 'eck that's gorgeous! I always think dynatechs are underated. I used to have a Sentinel - (the greeen Chromoly one, base model I think) and it was fantastic. Some toerag nicked it from St Annes Square around christmas 92...

I rode one of the Mtrax Ti's once and liked that too...

Very tidy chap ;)

On the old XC race scene used to be a few Dyna's with Pace RC35's and Rock Shox :cool:

Sort the Manitous and leave them on!

Thanks for the nice comments! I worked a lot of Saturdays when I was 17 to build it up, so it's pretty close to my heart :)

stuflyer":1321d2yr said:
What were the original forks?

They were chromo rigid forks. The paint on them matches the black on the frame, which has different colour metallic particles in it (doesn't show in the photographs). In a fit of youthful exuberance I cut the streerer on them to fit another bike about 14 years ago and now it's too short for this frame. As I guess getting a new steerer fitted would mean I would lose the paint, and I'll never get it matched with the metallic bits in it, I'm looking at the ahead conversion that Dave Yates does as a steerer repair.

Kept a look out for elastomers for a few months to repair the Manitous, but I'm beginning to think it could be quite nice to put this back to rigid and have it nice and light.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I did have some forks out of one of those kicking about somewhere. I may have chucked 'em out a decade ago, though ;-) The frame itself bent. Twice. And came unglued.

Back