Girvin ODS

I followed you tip. Plus, when gently tapping the shock from underneath, I put the fixing bolt back in instead of fitting a screwdriver in the hole where the bolt screwed (quite a stupid thing I dido in the first attempt). It hcame out without too many problems. I have to order two bottom out elastomers now, and then the red sled will be ready to go back to the environment it belongs to.

Thanx again. Be prepared for some more difficult questions...

The ones I've used on my other lastomer full susser (a Cycletech Genius) were Sachs and worked fine. I'm givig them a new try even if I don't think the quality control on motocross top-out elastomers is too strict. I mean, there could be worlds of differences between a bumper and another

you may find that there will be different grade top-out/bottom out
bumpers. motor cycle suspension is a much quantified thing and the
specs of the parts involved will be high.
a lot of time and effort is put into developing this stuff and setting up
bikes.
mike

hope you are right. However, as I told you, I've already positively experimented with motocross elastomers - and without any damping device.

Hey tomorrow I will try to attach a pic of my Cycletech full susser, circa 93, in case someone knows something. Quite a strange thing, with the rear pivoting around the BB. Found on ebay and equipped with Sachs rubbers after the origianl elastomers exploded

Back