Projet d'albash (Lava Dome SS content)

albash82

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
This was my first Kona & i'm REALLY looking forward to getting it built up!
The chainstay snapped about 10 years ago then the replacement ('98 Caldera) frame got nicked along with all the kit i'd transferred from this.

Had it welded a year or so ago & now i've found this site, I decided to do a faithful(ish) retro build.

I now have the forks which finally arrived from recently banned user 'Konamad'. They are in pretty bad condition but i'm fairly sure it's only cosmetic.
Also got a Velocity stem off him but it's too short & high - apart from the fact it doesn't have the bolt, bung or quill...... you live & learn eh?!

Just waiting for payday now (Friday) - so I can pay the helpful peeps who've been holding for me - the remaining parts required : Headset, seatpost & a different (lower & longer - but newer) velocity stem.

I've just gone for a bit of a quick build with some bits i got in a job-lot (cranks & tensioner) so i can ride her again.

I am planning for next year a full re-spray in original colours (decals from mr gil) and to re-build her geared with a more period-correct drivetrain (LX-DX probably)

Here's what i've got at the moment & a pic of an old photo i found from about 12 years ago!

What d'you reckon?

Attachments

• DSC00880small.JPG
    DSC00880small.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 656
  • DSC00939.JPG
    DSC00939.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 656
  • DSC00938.JPG
    DSC00938.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 655
  • DSC00940.JPG
    DSC00940.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 656
The red and green make a nice combination, Try and find some red x-lite bars and a red u.s.e. post and that would look pretty good.

Funny you should say that.. I put some red x-lite xc risers on it bitd. i'd love to find some but i've never seen any on here...
i'm thinking too much red could be overkill - so i've opted for a polished post. we shall see though.....

Back