Specialized Ground Control FSR new build.

You might want to check that the hole for the Specialized disc mount is actually present in your dropout - I can't see it in the picture, but it might be behind the current disc mount. I have a feeling not all versions of the FSR had this hole, but not 100% sure. The location of the holes is visible in this photo as there is a bolt through it:

HPIM0408.jpg
(not my photo!)

My FSR has had one of these adapters on for about 15 years now!

Another alternative is the aftermarket seatstay that BETD used to make. I don't think they still make them, but you could ask. You could try searching for one of these second hand too. BETD might even be able to knock you up a replacement for the specialized original though that's a bit of a long shot!

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/

Re:

Thanks Dave.
My dropout does not have the hole but I'm quite prepared to drill one.
I may be getting my hands on an adapter within the next week.
Cheers,
Kev.

Re:

I actually have a spare FSR frame sat doing nothing that has a rear seat stay that has the drilled holes in it...it's the max backbone seat stay....check my FSR build thread in my Sig to see what I mean

Good luck! Make sure you get the location accurate! :)

Are you aware of the need for a flat-headed bolt on the suspension pivot to provide rotor clearance? I think one came with the adapter originally - you may want to try to get it with the mount if possible!

Re:

Hi Dave,
I've already replaced the bolt,I machined the head down on a lathe.
Got about 2mm clearance between the head and the disc now.
To be fair the adapter currently on the bike is working but I had to fit a solid axle as the QR nut was too soft to bite into the dropout and it's a pain removing and replacing the wheel.
Quite pleased to be getting the proper part for the job as it will be rigidly fixed.

Back