Spring 2007 RetroBike meet - Sat 24th March North Downs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a pretty good ride on the South Downs in this month MBR which is indicative of a pretty good area to ride and Ironicaly the route is about 1 mile away from my workshop. There are some pretty good pubs country pubs around Arundel or a lively night in Brighton. It would be possible to get discount for a group booking in a Hotel/Inn during March as opposed to Easter.
The terrain is a little more undulating than Cannock Chase though.

Yup, South Downs sounds good to me (seeing as it's just down the road, figuratively speaking!), and March sounds fine too... Though we'll probably be up for it wherever as long as it's not more than about 4hrs drive...

Is Tring near the south downs? Where there is a hill that runs a long way, and people fly planes and stuff at the end trig point? Or is that the ridgeway? Or is this part of the south downs? My Geog of that area not good. I am from the west see :D

Southdowns sounds good to me! ... but I'm biased as I'm a 20 min ride away from the SD Way :D

Don't know what you usually do about accommodation on these events - I'm new to this forum - but these a couple of youth hostels along the downs, maybe you could go from one to the other? I only really know the east side of Brighton, there's a YHA at Eastbourne but dunno if that's still used, there's one at Alfriston - good for old local pubs - and there's another one about 30-40 miles from there?

Not sure about any good long loops, I tend to go one way along the top and turn around and come back or quick short loops.

:cool:

suppose if burmnham is the midlands then maybe the south downs
is central

what about malvern that'd be retro
went to a rave in some forest near malvern in 92
mikee

hi guys, i'm new to the retrobike forums but i'm looking forward to meeting some likeminded guys who just like using their bikes for the purpose they were intended - my Klein gets ridden hard and dirt at every opportunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back