My first build and i got the bike for free, now i need help!

What sort of pedals are you going for? I know you've had flatties offered, but I'm sure I've got some girvin spuds somewhere if you want them.

For those still wishing to donate i'll update the spec sheet (on page 2) with what has been pledged in the last 24hrs. What is left blank is needed. Many components have several entries so we'll have to come up with a cunning plan for those. Maybe swap them for parts we do need?

Keep an eye on the thread and i'll update once i'm home from work.

I agree

For those still wishing to donate i'll update the spec sheet (on page 2) with what has been pledged in the last 24hrs. What is left blank is needed. Many components have several entries so we'll have to come up with a cunning plan for those. Maybe swap them for parts we do need?

This is great but no part will go to waste as if i can build a second bike as mentioned we can sel it and donate the money to charity, from the conversations i have had with the generous people both on here and privately there are many that think this is a great idea, turning your unwanted parts into gold for someone else. This way every one will get great karma and help someone like your all so kindly helping me!

Thanks sinnett, i could not have done this without you, i owe one hell of a beer!

I think maybe we should do one bike at a time, agree one lot of stuff to go to those bike and then wait for another opportunity to crop up.

If there are duplicate offers, chose the one you want and then save all that unnecessary posting around the place. Maybe get the spec sheet filled before everyone sends bits...?

Just my 2p.

Updated as at 21:05 15/10/08

Frame: Off-Road Proflex 353 (MrKawasaki)

Fork: Possible Vectors (see below), Rockshox Indy Sl long travel (lewis 1641)

Headset: Has cups fitted but not complete.
Stem: ? (Dr. S), easton ea50 a-head (Kona Paul), 1" Control Tech (lewis 1641)
Handlebar: Ritchey Forcelite (sinnett177), Azonic (lewis 1641)
Grips: Porcipaws (South bound), Red Club Roost (Boothy POSTED)
Barends: Ritchey comp (sinnett177), IKE triangular (lewis 1641)

Brakes: 1 pair of STX (sinnett177), full set Shimano (dirtjumper_dmr)
Brake Pads: 1 pair of STX (sinnett177), full set Shimano (dirtjumper_dmr)
Brake Cables: Clark (hoegaardenadds1)
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: ? (cherrybomb POSTED/sinnett177)

Shifters: Grip shift 7sp (lewis 1641), DX Thumbies 7sp (hidden (development_cycle), LX rapidfire (Grannygrinder)
Front Derailleur: Deore LX (sinnett177)
Rear Derailleur: Deore LX (Gravymonster POSTED)
Derailleur Cables: Clark (hoegaardenadds1)
Cassette: Shimano HG 8sp (South bound)
Chain: Sram 8sp (Dr. S)
Crankset: Shimano ? (Lysander) Shimano XT (Gravymonster POSTED)
Crank Bolts: ? (Kona Paul)
Bottom Bracket: ? (Lysander)
Pedals: Wellego (cherrybomb POSTED), Wellego originals (Lysander), Flatties ? (Ziggy), Girvin SPD (Ziggy)

Hub Skewers: ? (Lysander), XT (Boothy POSTED)
Rims:
Hubs:
Nipples: Brass if needed (hoegaardenadds1)
Spokes: If needed (hoegaardenadds1)
Tyres: Choice of two pairs (Pickle), Ritchey Z max amberwall(x 1) (lewis 1641)
Tubes: ? (oldschoolpete)

Saddle: Ritchey Vector (Tallpaul), WTB (Kona Paul), Original Off-road (Billinjah)
Seatpost: (see possibles)
Seatpost Binder: Has one fitted (Mr K), 29.8 (nic)

Possibles:

Front wheel: DX on Mavic (TheGreenRabbit)
Rear wheel: XT on Mavic (South bound)
Fork: Vector (Defiant)
Post and Saddle: (Tallpaul)
5 bolt granny ring: ? (Kona Paul)

Others:

Reflectors: Spokey Dokey's (Lysander)
Bottle Cage: ? (oldschoolpete)
Valve caps: Bullet type (Kona Paul)

I'll post my parts out early next week.

Agreed southbound but its cheaper for people to post in one go than later on, and believe me, i can make use of every part. And i am thriving on this, i just cant wait to get stuck in. The more i have to do the better, and just think with so many people getting into the spirit, imagine what can be acheived. I just appreciate everyone making such an amazing effort!

When i started this is asked people for their help and opinion and i promised to stick to that. If the people on here would rather i take on one project at a time i can, as its the people on here making this happen.

Let me know, i just cant stop smiling! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Personally I think we should stick to kitting out one bike. I notice that you have another set of grips in the post already so I will save mine for another purpose. Wheel and cassette will be posted next week as promised.

Honestly mate, I am only thinking of the space you will need in your garage... :LOL:

No thats ok Southbound, i just really appreciate your help with this all. It is tricky to keep up to speed with what i have but with Sinnetts help i am nearly there!

Oh and did i say that i dont have a garage, i have what was my dads workshop, now i have taken it over even though he lives several miles away. He regrets offering it to me now!

When i am done the charity bike is next! Cant wait!

Back