Spring 2007 RetroBike meet - Sat 24th March North Downs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt know curtlo had been sent, poor ashley must hav been busy...

blk king edset forsale if u need 1 jez.

mtns wouldnt kill ya, you'd be off yer face tired, but the sence of achievement & grin factor on long DHs would be worth it :D

Happy to go with the majority decision, guess we'll see what people want when a few more have signed up.

Jez, you and I can ride around the car park if it gets too hairy in the mountains !!

Im sure Ill be fighting fit come next year (!)

Would be good to take one of the bikes to proper riding territory but again I wouldnt realky like to ride retro if its super hardgoing and muddy. Maybe take modern to ride instead but then it wouldnt be a retroride...

To be honest, Afan isn't that mountain-y. The hills are at the start, so once you cough up the first lung, the rest is not so bad :D
Really just a few fireroads and man made (read smooth) singletrack.
Great techy (windy, not rocky) downhills though.

Always rains though...

Oh, also, if you don't like big drops (not riding off, they are fine :D ) avoid the wall trail, think cliff, with off camber ledge into side. nice :shock:

gump":13m91j3i said:
To be honest, Afan isn't that mountain-y. The hills are at the start, so once you cough up the first lung, the rest is not so bad :D
Really just a few fireroads and man made (read smooth) singletrack.
Great techy (windy, not rocky) downhills though.

Always rains though...

Oh, also, if you don't like big drops (not riding off, they are fine :D ) avoid the wall trail, think cliff, with off camber ledge into side. nice :shock:

afan is pretty tame by welsh standards. has to cope with a real mixed skills bag of riders so not real technical. the old (early 90s) XC course had considerably harder climbs than curently used. so yeh, in this instance ideal retrobike meet ;)
right about the rain tho, only ridden there once in the dry (yetitribe this summer gone)

happy to show you guys around my local trails. I live within 4miles of 2 previous UPS DH courses, should be fun on fully rigid retro ;) :LOL:

March sounds good to me too, gutted i missed out on the last one..
Afan sounds like it could be a right laugh on a rigid bike!!
:idea: How about the skyine trail ?

Keep the ideas coming chaps.

Afan might be ok but it isn't terribly central.

South Downs another good option.

Think we've done Cannock to death

Date seems ok to me also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back