Bianchi PISTA

Dar Kuma

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A few weeks ago I was on my way down to somewhere, I cant remember exactly where now but thats not important.
And I said might as well have a look in the bike shop, And my friend who was with me said are you going to buy a bike...

OK, So I went into the shop and had a browse around and saw this beauty right at the back, And in 10 minutes the bike was in the workshop having a freewheel fitted and some new pedals. Went back down to pick it up a few days later.

Put a nice bar and seatpost on and it looks awesome and rides even better.

Bar : X-Lite xpert
Seatpost : USE alien
I will be fitting a nicer crank on it soon aswell
bianchi1fd3.png

Nice, I always loved the green one too (not available in the UK sadly).

Let me know if you want to sell the chainset please!

If you've got a freewheel you need a rear brake to be legal...fixies are legal with no brake as you use your legs to slow down.

..and if you are riding fixed it makes my eyes water to think what those pedals would do to your shins!

Thats why I have a front brake, hamster

They were originally sold with only fixed at the rear

I have smashed a V12 pedal on my shin before and the pedal broke. :shock:

Max P, make me an offer on the crank, I dont know how much its worth being a truvativ, You'll want the BB aswell?

I'll need to take it out anyway, might aswell go with the crank....

If you can send me a close up pic or two when you have one. Cannot remember if the Pista came with 1/8" or 3/32" chainring though - only interested if 1/8" I'm afraid.

You still need a rear brake though.

For a bike to be street legal in the UK it needs two functioning brakes, one each on front and rear. A fixed wheel counts as a rear brake so that's why most road fixie riders add just the front. However, a SS with freewheel - like this one - needs a rear brake too. The shop really should have explained this when you asked them to add the F brake and put a freewheel on since it was then obvious you'd be riding on the road.

Is the seatstay bridge already drilled? If it's the Pista then perhaps not.

Cheers, Gareth.

No, The bridge isnt drilled, The shop didn't say anything about it and the brake was already on.
All I asked for was a set of new pedals and a freewheel.

mmmm, I think thats debatable, most bikes round here only use one brake on the front aswell, but they're more for jumping and skatepark work.

I'm afraid the other guys are right about the requirement for two brakes with fixed riders complying with one rim brake and the back pedal option (although personally I'd go with two brakes regardless and use the back pedal option as a bonus). So it was legal when fixed but the freewheel means a rear brake is required.

However I recently went from ss to fixed on my commute bike (only because the freewheel was knackered and I had a fixed sprocket on the other side, that or a 5 mile walk home) and it wasn't quite as steep a learning curve as I expected. Maybe give it a go - super low maintenance, allegedly provides greater suplesse plus street cred with the yoof is a pretty powerful combination

Back