Retro Zen.....Kona content....

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
So, I've kept quiet about this one as there were times I didn't think it would all come together. OK, so it's nothing special but it was something I'd wanted for a while, and getting it, finding the frame was dent and crack free, with sound BB threads, was a revelation after going through three frames to get there!! :facepalm:

And it means I've finally found my Retro Zen - I now only own this bike, there are no others, no frames hanging around, no boxes of spares. Just this one bike.

I've yet to do the maths but it doesn't owe me much; some good buys and swaps on here, one or two incredible eBay purchases, and a few things that had been hanging around for the right build in the spares cache for years, and here you have it - 1999 Kona Muni Mula.

Needs a better polish, and some nice period stickers that I have somewhere, and we're there. Weighs 20.75lbs, bit of a bugger as I really wanted it sub 20lbs, but I know what I have to do to get it there, and anyway, I might just ride it and to hell with the weight..... ;)

Attachments

• Kona Muni Mula finished! 008.JPG
    Kona Muni Mula finished! 008.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,745
  • Kona Muni Mula finished! 007.JPG
    Kona Muni Mula finished! 007.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,745
  • Kona Muni Mula finished! 005.JPG
    Kona Muni Mula finished! 005.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,745
  • Kona Muni Mula finished! 004.JPG
    Kona Muni Mula finished! 004.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,745
  • Kona Muni Mula finished! 002.JPG
    Kona Muni Mula finished! 002.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,745
  • Kona Muni Mula finished! 001.JPG
    Kona Muni Mula finished! 001.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,745
Re:

:cool: :cool:

Thanks, I think you've helped one or two of my/my mates projects get finished with your karma bits.....for now it is a good feeling to be a one bicycle household.

Quite fancy a 50's racing bike next, it's how it all started for me way back when, but I'm in no rush. Hoping to get some use out of this in the New Forest this summer, and out and about around here, maybe even a few commutes into work on the lanes.

That looks cracking, good job! Should be fun to ride too :)

Not too convinced by the red bits and mis-matched cables though! Was that by accident or design?

Re:

Ha ha! It came with the red seat clamp, the rest is what I felt like at the time, I've plain black and also some white outer that I may go to at some point. In the meantime, it's just a bit of fun, I want to just ride it and to hell with the rest.

A couple of buzzes up and down the drive here and round the paddock proved it far quicker and more stable than I thought it could be, and there's just something about it that really makes you grin. Some abuse in the New Forest coming up hopefully before the end of June..........

Back