Hairy Coo - XC racing in rural Perthshire

right....... seems I am defo on this race coo thing- and I am almost certain I will bring the clockwork- figure that this is the macretro massive so I should do it old school styleeeeee.

Do you want to car share Kiaser? If so I wouldn't mind seeing velo and ken/mini ken set off in the fun cat. which starts at 11am (might even do a gentle lap to see the lee of the land) and given I will need to stop off to pick up awaycaboose in glasga, my set off time will be 8.30am-ish.

Give me a shout if that is what you want to do?

Give me a shout too AC if pick up at 9ish is good for you.

Anyone else looking for transport, I could prob get a bike in the boot as well as 3 on the bike rack if you are interested in a fun day out.

What time is the vet. race, anyone know?

now I cant speak for singlespeed riders, but for me it would be gears gears gears all the way for the uphill at least, there are some steep little sections to go up, but if youre used to it, by all means, go for it. Theres a chance to pre ride the course up until around half ten, so you could see what you think on the day.

In terms of full suss or hardtail, i only ride with a hardtail, but many of the folk that ride here say its better with the full suss, can be ridden with either basically

If I get the chance to ride, it'll deffo be the clockwork, first race for the old dear!

9ish is fine by me gazz, still not sure if I'll be riding or spectating but I'll let you know before Sunday.

cocodemer, will there be "refreshments" there for the spectators? :)

clockworkgazz":2lgollbt said:
right....... seems I am defo on this race coo thing- and I am almost certain I will bring the clockwork- figure that this is the macretro massive so I should do it old school styleeeeee.

Do you want to car share Kiaser? If so I wouldn't mind seeing velo and ken/mini ken set off in the fun cat. which starts at 11am (might even do a gentle lap to see the lee of the land) and given I will need to stop off to pick up awaycaboose in glasga, my set off time will be 8.30am-ish.

Give me a shout if that is what you want to do?

Give me a shout too AC if pick up at 9ish is good for you.

Anyone else looking for transport, I could prob get a bike in the boot as well as 3 on the bike rack if you are interested in a fun day out.

What time is the vet. race, anyone know?

Gazz car share would be cool, I'm limited to 2 bikes and 2 passengers though... time wise is cool too.

Better get enterin' then :D

Still betwixt and between for bike to pic, probably need all the help I can get.

Happy to take my car if you want to dump yours at mine, I think it is only going to be you and J from our neck of the woods but I have sent out word to Jimi too.

Let me know and I will get you address etc...

Know what you mean kaiser on the bike front, I'm sure the proflex would prob get me round quicker and safer and indeed the genesis would again prob be better but I want to see how well an old bike copes and remember.......... I now have the flexstem so every thing should be ok :LOL: :LOL:

clockworkgazz":14g23nl7 said:
Know what you mean kaiser on the bike front, I'm sure the proflex would prob get me round quicker and safer and indeed the genesis would again prob be better but I want to see how well an old bike copes and remember.......... I now have the flexstem so every thing should be ok :LOL: :LOL:

At the mo I'll run the full sus, safety net and all that, skill levels and fitness are at a low ebb :( and want to make the most of the day.

I'll not make this guys :( , got family stuff happening this weekend, visitors not seen in ages, be a wee bit rude if i bunked off for a whole day :roll:

Back