Rocky Mountain Altitude - Round 3!

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
picked up yet another Altitude. this time a 1992, that sits nicely between the 1991 and 1993 i already own. :cool:

Attachments

• DSC04740.JPG
    DSC04740.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 2,044
Double-E F":i0eupdaj said:
That's a nice frameset :cool:!

Turbines or Revolutions?
neither… was thinking proper XTR m900 as spec'd in the catalogue.

but most of the components i currently have is a little to nice to put on this well used frameset. :?

Re:

Like it!

Have a soft spot for these, may get one, one day. What is the difference between the three year's models?

Mike

91 and 92 seem to be very similar. only difference may be the tubing (91 - Ritchey, 92 - Tange) though 91 came with rigid Syncros Powerlite forks, and 92 spec'd with the RockShox, so not sure if geometry was altered at all or not.

93 is a different beast with fastback stays, no on frame seat binder but removable seat collar, etc.

Re:

Thank you,

I have some Judy XCs looking for a home, when I can find some medium springs for them. 1 1/8" steerer?

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2i83yyj4 said:
Thank you,

I have some Judy XCs looking for a home, when I can find some medium springs for them. 1 1/8" steerer?

Mike
Mike, you've lost me. Are you asking if your Judy XCs would fit an Altitude frame? If so yes, all are 1-1/8" headtubes.

Re:

Yes,

Sorry about that. I realise how confusing that sounded now :facepalm:

There's a '95 frame for sale, but well out of my price range!

Re:

Well done, great catch! I think overall, one of the most desirable Rockys, apart from the real exotic stuff. Would be nice to compare geometry to the '91 version, I wonder if it was adjusted to Mag20 suspension.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3fjkb5we said:
There's a '95 frame for sale, but well out of my price range!
no worries. is it the one posted by jez? isn't that a tad small for you??? :?

Back